The Chevrolet Spark is expected to launch later today. There won't be a gala launch program or even a press conference as the new Spark is simply a cosmetic makeover to freshen it up.
GM India has been teasing the Spark facelift over the past few days on its Facebook page, and today they've updated us with more exterior and interior shots of the refreshed version.
Chevrolet Spark facelift changes
- Clear Glass Jewel Effect Headlamps - Chevrolet calls it 'Quotation Style' headlamps which is a clear-lens type for better visibility.
- Signature twin port chrome lined grille - The Spark now has something in common with the Orlando, Captiva and Cruze.
- New Tail Lamps have been designed to improve the appeal of the exterior. The shape and position are unchanged.
- Satin-Silver Roof Rails have been added to complement the aerodynamic styling.
- Silver Finish Dash And Décor - The dashboard is lined with chrome and the cabin features dual tone color.
- Wing Inspired instrument cluster - Feels like a pared-down version of the Beat's motorcycle style instrument pod. It does look fast-paced.
- 2-Din music system reads tracks from CD, USB port and auxiliary input jack.
- Power windows on all four doors, controllable by the driver.
The Spark will be relaunched today in a choice of 6 colors – Caviar Black, Velvet Red, Sandrift Grey, Linen Beige, Summit White and Misty Lake.
The re-upholstered interior takes its inspiration from Indian culture. The Spark does not sport changes to its engineering package, it relies on the same 1-liter petrol and LPG kit to motor it. The sequential injection-type LPG kit is a factory-fitted equipment.
The Spark petrol returns a mileage of 18kmpl (ARAI certified).
We'll get the updated price very shortly so stick around to learn more about the new Spark.