Finally, Skoda Auto has taken the wraps of the all new Skoda Octavia.
Dubbed as Octavia III, the car has been the apple of global automotive media's eye. After presenting you with numerous spyshots, teasers and every possible information about the car, we bring you the official images now.
As said earlier, the car embraces the design language which first debuted in the European Rapid. Though there are striking resemblances between the new Octavia and the Rapid, in flesh the car will look much bigger.
In fact the car has grown in size when compared to the current car. The wheelbase is extended by 108 mm, the overall length is increased by 90 mm (4,659 mm) and the width is increased by 45 mm (1,814 mm).
The space is further enhanced by improvements in head and shoulder room which are increased by 9 mm and 39 mm respectively. The boot space stands at a cavernous 590 litres!
Despite growing in size, the Skoda engineers has managed to knock off a phenomenal 102 kg compared to the old generation car.
Salient features of the 2013 Skoda Octavia
- All the versions are available with the Green Tec Start/Stop system
- The top end variants come with secondary brake system which avoids frontal collision
- Lane departure warning system
- Nine airbags - knee airbag is standard on all variants while high end versions get airbags in the rear too
- Driver activity assistant which detects driver fatigue
- Active bonnet to mitigate injury to the pedestrian
- Radar assisted adaptive cruise control, traffic sign reading system, adaptive headlamps
- Navigation and multimedia system with multi touch supporting screen
- Sun roof
Engine details of the 2013 Skoda Octavia
- 1.4 litre TSI petrol produces 120 bhp and 138 bhp in two states of tune
- 1.8 litre TSI petrol pumps out 177 bhp
- 1.6 litre TDI diesel puts out 103 bhp and a Green Line version of the motor develops 108 bhp
- 2.0 litre TDI diesel is available in 147 bhp and 181 bhp guises
- A vRS version with a 2.0 litre TSI engine found on the Golf GTi will join the lineup down the line
The new Skoda Octavia is indeed tech laden and it has to be if the Czech automaker wants to realize their dream of making this car one of the top 10 best selling cars in the world. Stay tuned as we bring in more details and detailed pictures of the car.