Launches today in Thailand at the BIG Motor Sale.
Ahead of its launch today in Bangkok, the 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport's brochure has leaked on the web, providing us the first clear look of the interior and exterior, and its key features. The new model can be expected in India after February 2016, a senior Indian company official told IAB recently.
The vehicle is powered by a new 2.4-liter MIVEC diesel engine that puts out 181 hp, paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The interior, akin to the Fortuner, is borrowed from its pickup derivative, the Mitsubishi Triton, but is souped-up with a dual tone finish, large central LCD with split screen, a premium multi-function steering wheel and dual zone air conditioner.
Below is the full list of important features, following which are the Thai brochure scans. More product information is expected from its launch later today.
2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport features
- 4N15 2.4-liter MIVEC 181 hp diesel engine
- 8 speed A/T with Sport Mode and Idle Neutral Control
- Disc brake for 4 wheels
- Turning radius of 5.6 m
- 4WD 'Super Select' with 2WD High Range, 4WD High Range with Locked Transfer, 4WD High Range and 4WD High Range with Locked Transfer modes
- Forward collision mitigation
- Multi-around mirror with feeds from 4 cameras
- Blind Spot Warning
- Projector LED headlight
- LED taillight
- 18" alloy wheels
- 7 airbags
- Dual zone auto climate control
- Powered driver seat
- 4-spoke steering wheel that is 4-way adjustable
- Split screen display
- Wireless infrared headphone
- Stability Control
The 2016 Pajero Sport will launch in 3 variants -
- 2.4 GLS priced at 1,138,000 baht (INR 20.82 lakhs)
- 2.4 GT priced at 1,250,000 baht (INR 22.87 lakhs)
- 2.4 GT 4WD priced at 1,450,000 baht (INR 26.51 lakhs)
[Source - NewPajeroSportClub.com]