Land Rover has just announced the 2014 Range Rover Evoque. If you remember, the company announced that they would not roll out facelifts on the Evoque, but would instead use model year updates to keep the product fresh.
So here are the host of updates on the 2014 MY.
- 9-speed ZF automatic transmission
- Thanks to the 9-speed auto, fuel economy sees a 11.4% increase while emissions are reduced by 9.5%
- Active Driveline feature: Optional extra uses only the front wheels during steady-state driving at speeds above 22mph (35km/h), can re-engage 4WD in 300 milliseconds if necessary
- Automatic parking system, Closing Vehicle Sensing, Reverse Traffic Detection, Lane Departure Warning, Traffic Sign recognition and Wade Sensing have been included
- LR InControl connected system: Allows the driver to place an SOS call alerting emergency services about the car's location in the event of an accident; can also track vehicle in case of a theft
- Detailing changes to the exterior including four new alloy wheel styles, a newly styled Land Rover badge and new interior color options
Land Rover Global Brand Director, John Edwards said -
With global sales of more than 170,000 vehicles in just 18 months, the Range Rover Evoque has proven to be hugely successful and the 2014 model is destined to have even greater appeal.
The 2014 Evoque goes on sale in the UK in the the fourth quarter of this year.
2014 Range Rover Evoque Image Gallery
Head to Page 2 for the press release.
2014 Range Rover Evoque Press Release
[Head to Scribd if you're unable to view the document above.]