The 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid mid-size sedan has been launched at the New York Auto Show.
The hybrid sedan which was first launched in 2011 undergoes a nip and tuck operation for the 2014 model year. Kia claims that the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid features numerous refinements to the powertrain to achieve more smoothness and better driveability.
Features of the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid
- Available in LX, EX, SX and SX-Limited trims
- 2.4 litre GDI engine powers the LX, EX and SX variants
- 2.0 litre GDI turbo petrol engine is available only on the SX
- Sportmatic 6-speed automatic gearbox is standard across the variants
- Hybrid version is powered by a 2.4 litre GDI engine and 47 hp electric motor
- The LX trim offers dual exhaust with chrome tips, solar glass, indicators on ORVMs, heated exterior mirrors, front fog lights, chrome accented exterior door handles and new 16-inch alloy wheels
- The EX trim comes with larger 17-inch alloy, leather seats, 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat, and illuminated front cup holders
- The SX adds 18-inch polished alloy wheels with 225/45R18 tires, unique front and rear lower bumpers and side sills, aero wiper blade
- 4.3" LCD screen in the instrument console and 8" display in the center console for the telematics
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Blind spot detection system and rear parking sensors
- 8-speaker Infinity audio system, panoramic sunroof, heated and ventilated front seats, and 17" alloy wheels
- Standard safety features include ABS, Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
The base variant (LX) of the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid is priced at $25,900 (around Rs. 14.06 lakhs) while the fully loaded EX retails at $31,950 (around Rs. 17.34 lakhs).