Frankfurt Live – Nissan NISMO Concept Watch connects you to your car
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
Apart from seeing the next gen X-Trail, we were also greeted by the Nissan Nimo Concept Watch at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show. This is not your ordinary timepiece indicating the date and day apart from time, the Nismo watch does much more.
The watch has been designed specifically for the drivers of Nissan’s Nismo series of cars and can connect to their vehicles. The following parameters can be monitored:
- efficiency of the vehicle with average speed and fuel consumption readings
- it can access vehicle telematics and performance data while on a track
- it would capture biometric data via a heart rate monitor
- connection to the car using a smartphone app via Bluetooth Low Energy
- receive ‘tailored’ car messages from Nissan
The watch would be available in three colors – black, white and a black-red color combo. The design is inspired by the Nismo ring says Nissan while the user interface has been simplified and need only two buttons to control them. The watch will have a lithium battery and the charging can be done using a micro-USB port. Nissan claims a battery life of seven days under normal usage while the pricing has not been mentioned yet.
More details can be found in the press release on page 2.