2009 Toyota Camry Launched – High-res gallery and Press Release
Toyota Introduces The New Camry In India
New youthful and dynamic design enhances sense of sophistication
- Modern new styling – New design exterior styling adds a touch of class.
- Two new exciting colours – Available in Dark Green Mica Metallic and Beige Mica Metallic.
- Superior luxury features include Plasmacluster A/C with Minus Ion Generator, intelligent rain sensing wipers, Moonroof, Audio, AC and MID control on steering wheel and 8-Way Power Driver Seat.
- To be available in four grades and priced between Rs. 21. 26 Lakhs and Rs. 23. 40 Lakhs (Ex-showroom, Bangalore)
Bangalore, 31st July 2009 – Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. today announced the launch of the New Camry in India. The New Camry has been distinctively designed in stylish modern frame, making it a perfect combination of dynamism and performance. The New Camry represents the best of global motoring experience and also strengthens Toyota’s commitment to the Indian market.
Commenting on the launch of the next generation Camry, Mr. Hiroshi Nakagawa, Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said, “The Toyota Camry has already redefined the concept of the premium luxury car in India. We are delighted to now introduce the New Camry that will offer an exclusive blend of modern styling and luxurious features to our Indian customers.”
Mr. Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director (Marketing), TKM, added, “The New Camry takes luxury and performance to greater heights than ever before. Intended to appeal to the customer who seeks the ultimate combination of style, power and driving comfort, the New Camry will be available at all Toyota dealerships from today.”
“The New Camry will be promoted extensively through an integrated marketing campaign comprising web, print, magazine, direct marketing, SMS, etc. We will focus on customers who would like a sophisticated luxurious car which reflects their lifestyle,” he added.
The eye-catching design of the New Camry, its sleek aerodynamic curves and bold flowing lines inspire a sense of superiority and strength. Some of the advanced features in the New Camry include:
• Stylish chrome-rimmed foglamps and built-in LED turn signals on outer mirror add depth and class.
• New design front grille, imposing front bumper, futuristic multi-reflector headlamps and ten spoke alloy wheels enhance appeal.
• Luxurious interiors with excellent leg and head room.
• Air-conditioning system equipped with ‘Plasmacluster Technology’ and ‘Minus Ion Generator’, which helps eliminate germs from the air, resulting in cleaner/healthier driving conditions.
• Independent temperature controls for the driver and co-passenger, thus maximizing individual comfort levels.
• Multifunctional steering wheel with audio control, multi information display and air conditioning control enable a safe and comfortable drive free of distractions.
• High end Psychoacoustics CD/MP3/WMA/Aux-in music system for heightened listening experience.
• Rear AC vents to keep rear passengers cool and refreshed.
• Available in both A/T and M/T, the New Camry has a 2.4L 4 Cylinder VVT-i engine which delivers 167PS @ 6000rpm and a maximum power of 224Nm @ 4000rpm.
• The New Camry’s automatic variant is equipped with a 5-speed ECT (Electronically Controlled Transmission), which utilizes advanced technology for a smooth shift feel and linear acceleration.
• Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Break-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA) ensure appropriate braking power on all 4 wheels.
• Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) automatically controls engine output and braking power on each wheel and WIL (Whiplash Injury Lessening) Concept Seats prevent neck injuries in case of rear end collision.
• Six SRS airbags (Driver + Front Passenger + Front Side + Curtain), collapsible steering column, safe cabin structure and many other safety elements have been incorporated for superior safety considerations.