Jishnu writes in his message that a Ford dealer told him three test cars are traveling around Kerala this month.
Ford will undoubtedly run pan-India testing programs to be doubly sure about its compatibility with every region's weather, altitude and road conditions. The EcoSport's suspension settings, gearing and ECU mapping may be different compared to a Chinese specification car.
What is it that you'd like to know about the EcoSport?
Launch date and price?
There's wild speculation on the launch date, while some believe its early 2013, others believe it is mid-2013 and deliveries could begin only in August. Prices could be between 7-9 lakh rupees.
What we know about the Ford EcoSport -
- The 1L Ecoboost engine (turbo petrol) returns about 17kpl in the ARAI driving cycle
- Three engine options will be available on the date of launch (1L petrol, 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel)
- Ford will be eligible for small car excise benefits
- A Poweshift automatic transmission version will be available
- The EcoSport has a ground clearance of 200mm and a water wading ability of 550mm
- The car features push button start, smart phone connectivity and a 346 liter boot
- The boot door release is neatly integrated into the stop light assembly
Do you know something about the EcoSport that we don't? Will Ford make India wait till August before allowing customers to take delivery of their car? Please put them down in the comment box below.