Will slot between Range Rover Evoque and Range Rover Sport.
Land Rover took the wraps off the Range Rover Velar at the Design Museum last week and will launch it in the UK in Summer 2017 (June-August 2017). According to a report from Overdrive, the Range Rover Velar will reach the Indian shores in the second half of 2017.
The Range Rover Velar, the fourth model of Land Rover's luxurious Range Rover family of crossovers/SUVs, fills the space between the compact Range Rover Evoque and the mid-size Range Rover Sport. Based on the Jaguar F-Pace's IQ all-aluminium platform, the Range Rover Velar is the most car-like model the brand has made.
The Range Rover Velar measures 4,803 mm in length, 2,032 mm (mirrors folded)/2,145 mm (mirrors out) in width and 1,665 mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,874 mm. The ride height is 213 mm, but thanks to the optional electronic air suspension, the driver can increase it to 251 in demanding off-road situations. Range Rover Velar buyers will get five models to choose from: D180, D240, D300, P250 and P380. The specifications are as mentioned below.
- Velar D180 - 2.0-litre Ingenium four-cylinder diesel engine (180 PS/430 Nm) with an 8-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel-drive system
- Velar D240 - 2.0-litre Ingenium four-cylinder diesel engine (240 PS/500 Nm) with an 8-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel-drive system
- Velar D300 - 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine (300 PS/700 Nm) with an 8-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel-drive system
- Velar P250 - 2.0-litre Ingenium four-cylinder petrol engine (250 PS/365 Nm) with an 8-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel-drive system
- Velar P380 - 3.0-litre supercharged V6 petrol engine (380 PS/450 Nm) with an 8-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel-drive system
A 300 PS Ingenium petrol engine will join the range of options later this year.
Land Rover will offer the Range Rover Velar in three trim levels: S, SE and HSE. Full Matrix-Laser LED headlights with signature daytime running lights, 22-inch wheels, tailgate slotted spoiler, flush deployable door handles, powered gesture tailgate, 20-way adjustable driver/passenger memory seats with massage and heating/cooling functions, digital instrument cluster with a 12.3-inch HD display, Touch Pro Duo infotainment system which integrates two 10-inch HD touchscreens, full-colour head-up display and 1,600-watt, 23-speaker Meridian Signature Sound audio system are some of the key features of the Range Rover Velar.
Also See: 2017 Land Rover Discovery – Bologna Motor Show Live
The Range Rover Velar's production will take place alongside the Jaguar F-Pace in Solihull, UK. India should get the new Range Rover in CBU form with prices starting somewhere between INR 70 lakh and INR 1 crore (ex-showroom).
[Source - Overdrive]