Nissan Thailand has updated its website with complete details and comprehensive images of the Nissan Micra facelift expected in India in the coming months.
[The Micra facelift has moved from being a cute and cuddly car to a more mature and a serious-looking urban runabout]
Nissan began selling the new Micra in Thailand, as the Nissan March, in March 2010, followed by India, which supplies the latest generation of the 30-year old nameplate to markets throughout the world including the European Union. The Micra is fully localized at the Renault-Nissan alliance plant in Oragadam, Chennai.
Changes on the Micra specific to the Indian market include uniquely calibrated suspension and ECU settings, a wider horn button and a diesel engine.
Nissan added adjustable headrests to the rear seat in a later revision, which also saw the introduction of the "Pure Drive" badges.
Moving on, here are the changes to the facelift, as described on the Nissan Thailand website -
- New headlamps featuring a black and chrome two-tone design with eye-lined chrome accent.
- New front grille with a V-Shaped chrome feature placed on a beehive grille pattern.
- Redesigned front bumper with a wider airdam and peeled-back foglights.
- Revised rear bumper with LED-infused tail lights.
[The facelift (left) features new taillight cluster, bumper, bigger roof spoiler and new exterior color options]
- New 15-inch alloy wheels.
- Redone graphics on the Multi-Information Display with following functions or messages - Trip Computer, Welcome & Anniversary, Alert & Warning, Maintenance, Break Notice and Back Sensor.
- Newly designed Automatic air-conditioner interface with square central vents replacing the circular units.
- New piano black audio system capable of reading music off a CD, AUX port or USB port.
- New trunk-illuminating lamp.
Nissan has not tinkered with the performance, the 1.2L HRD12E engine bears on, paired to a CVT. The Indian model should take the same route.
So what do you think about the Nissan Micra's transformation?
[Images from Nissan.co.th]