Every car occupant wants to have a unique car that has satisfactory features and expresses his/her personality. That is why modified cars are so popular in India. Basically, modified cars are ones that underwent alternations to their structural and machinery components. However, modifications to cars are not all compliant with the law. To help you make a wise decision on your vehicle customizations, Indianautosblog will provide you with information related to modified cars in India.
That some modifications in cars are ruled out as illegal is a way that the lawmakers ensure car drivers and other commuters’ safety. To elaborate, several changes in the core structure would negatively affect the strength and safety quality of the cars which have been tested before it goes on sale. For example, adding accessories like bull bars to the car fascia may restrain the functions of airbags sensors in case of front crashes, or replacing original tyres with bigger ones might upset the emergency braking system.
According to Act 52, Motor Vehicles [Amendment] Act by the Supreme Court of India, a motor vehicle must not be altered in such a way that specifications about the car contained in the certificate of registration differ from those originally manufactured.
As aforementioned, some car modifications are termed illegal in Indian. Here are the ones you should avoid:
- Loudness of the horn: the maximum volume of car horns is 100 decibels.
- Capacity of engine stuff: inter-changing the engine of the car to other than the original specifications is banned.
- Size of the vehicle: dimensions of the modified cars cannot be at variance with the original version.
- Width of the tyres: altered tyres which protrude the car body are illegal.
- Width of alloys: the lip of the altered alloys which bulges the tyre edge is banned.
- Tinting the windows: tinting windscreen at either end, side windows are not accepted by the law.
Yet, there are some changes which are permissible:
- Visual modification: Small stickers or paint colours approved by RTO (Regional Transport Office) can be applied.
- Engine modification: only RTO-permitted alternations can be applied to enginery components.
- Tyre modification: marginally upsizing the tyres or replacing the tyres with the ones within the variants range of the same car are accepted.
- Fuel change: aftermarket LPG/CNG kits fitment can be applied for the car depending on what type the fuel engine is.
- Minor modifications: LED insert, auxiliary lamps, door protectors, rain guards, decal, etc. can be added to the car.
- Suspension modification: suspension of the car could be adjusted to give better performance.
This luxurious sedan of a Korean carmaker would be an ideal choice for those who are keen on customizing engine parts of the car. The key feature of the Accent making it easy to be tuned is the independent suspension at the rear, and it is rarely seen in present-day cars. For modifying, some highly recommended ideas are adding a turbo with a free flow exhaust, altering the voila and spark plugs. Thereby, you would get a proper smoother car, yet remaining the inherent high-performance engine and premium features of the Hyundai Accent.
The Maruti Swift is a sporty-looking and fun-to-drive car, which sparks uncountable modifying ideas from drivers. Another reason is the popularity of this model, making its parts seemingly available across the globe. There are some suggestions for modifying the Swift you can take into consideration. For example, to transfer to higher performance, you can opt for a turbo, a new intake or an exhaust for petrol variants and a remap or an aftermarket exhaust for diesel ones. In this way, power can be easily increased by 10-15%. Moreover, body kits insert or suspension adjustment could be possible for this car.
Like the Maruti Swift, the Volkswagen Polo is a global product with the availability of its parts, making its name on the best cars for modification. Another reason is that the VW Polo shares some of its parts with other cars. For example, the model GT TSi of VW Polo can be compatible with remaps of Petes, Revo, ect., BOVs of Forge, the exhaust of Remus, Borla, etc., and paddle-shift steering wheel of the GTI. Moreover, some adjustments you can make to your VW Polo are upgrading the clutch for more powerful disengagement, adding coil-over setup for a stiff ride. As for a more aesthetically appealing look, adding rims or body kits is suitable for this vehicle.
Honda Brio is also a potential car which allows users to tune because there exist a lot of items or modifying accessories being suitable for the Brio at the market. To improve the performance, adding an intake or an exhaust could be an ideal choice. Also, if you can transform the original 1.2-litre engine into a 1.5-litre engine from the Honda City, the result will not definitely disappoint you. In terms of visual modifications, you can opt for new headlamps, rims, body kits, or lowering springs.
Since car modifications are associated with a host of legal and safety standards, it is necessary for car owners to be fully aware of unexpected implications being involved before making any amendments to their vehicles. Things mentioned above are just basic regulations and instructions on modifying cars for beginners. Hence, check out this category regularly so as not to miss out on helpful suggestions and news about this practice. Indianautosblog would help you create fascinating cars displaying either distinctive features or high quality.