Ford India has revealed details of the soon to be launched EcoSport facelift via CarAndBike. The new Ford EcoSport gets an updated front end and a revamped cabin. Also on offer will be a new petrol engine with automatic and manual transmission options.
Ford EcoSport facelift - What's New?
- New family look with a single piece grille with chrome louvres
- Projector headlamps with LED DRL
- Fog lamps flanked by turn indicators
- New alloy wheels - multiple alloy wheel designs depending on trim
- Redesigned spare wheel cover
- New colour options including a blue shade (seen here) and a new red shade
- Titanium S package with a black headlamp and fog lamp bezels, darker alloy wheels, and blacked out grille.
- Redesigned centre console with 6.5" or 8" touchscreen
- SYNC3 support
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- New seat upholstery
- Multifunction three-spoke steering wheel
- Automatic climate control
- Updated instrument console with MID
- Dual USB ports
The safety features on offer include dual front airbags and ABS as standard fitment. The petrol automatic variant also gets Hill Launch Assist. Top-end trim will continue to feature six airbags.
Ford EcoSport facelift - Specifications
|Engine||1.5 L 3-cylinder NA||1.5 L 4-cylinder Turbocharged|
|Power||123 PS||100 PS|
|Torque||150 Nm||205 Nm|
|Transmission||5-speed manual/6-speed automatic (torque converter) with paddle shifters||5-speed manual|
|Dimensions||3,998 x 1,765 x 1,647 mm|
|Boot space||346 litres (705 litres with rear seats folded)|
Ford EcoSport facelift launch date
The exact launch date has not been specified by Ford yet. In fact, Ford is yet to release official information related to the new EcoSport. The official Ford India webpage does not have any trace of the new model either. According to a report from earlier this month, the 2018 Ford EcoSport launch will take place on November 9, 2017. According to CarAndBike, there will be no major effect on the prices of the EcoSport.
[source - CarAndBike]