Ford’s commitment to the Indian market was further bolstered yesterday when the American automaker laid the foundation stone for its new US$1 billion manufacturing facility in Sanand.
- A huge base of 460 acre
- The plant will churn out 240,000 new Ford vehicles and 270,000 engines per year
- It will create 5,000 direct employment jobs and thousands of additional indirect jobs
- 19 supplier plants in and around the main plant.
- It will support stamping, body assembly, paint, trim and final assembly.
- Paint shop uses eco-friendly technologies
- On-site construction of facility commencing within five months after 2011 ground breaking ceremony
- This completes the two billion dollars investment that was earmarked for India