Force Motors has finally launched the much awaited One SUV in Mumbai and it is priced 10.65 lakhs (ex-showroom Mumbai). There is only one variant that will be on sale. Vehicles will reach dealer showrooms on September 1st. Force has set a sales target of 4,000 vehicles in the first year.
Force Motors is positioning the One in the premium segment. The company is not interested in developing small cars or sedans. Only people carriers will continue rolling out of Force's factories. The tagline for the SUV is "Be the Force."
There are 22 dealers for the SUV now. An additional 22 will be added by next year.
Force Motors One fast facts, features.
- 141 PS/320 Nm with BS4 and BS5 compatibility
- Can run on deserts and high altitudes with the same zest
- Can start in -21 degrees centigrade
- Has a Dual mass flywheel
- Has a low friction gearbox high torque density
- Chassis gets CED coating, first in its class (finding out more)
- Handling also tested on British speedways; Lotus Engineering helped tune the suspension for India
- Rack and pinion steering
- 30 stage welding process for body
- Three row seating
- Armrest with cup holders in the second row
- Third row folds to generate more boot space
- Electronics validated by Mercedes Benz
- On board computer monitors 15 process
- The spare wheel is fitted under the body
- A leather wrapped steering is present
- Audio controls are placed on the steering wheel
- Each rows has dual Aircon vent
- 4x4 version hits the market by March 2012
- ABS variant will come after the 4X4
Force Motors One Technical Details
- Force One has class leading ground clearance of 205mm
- Fuel Tank capacity of 70 litres with a seating capacity of 5+d and 6+d.
- Force One's External dimensions are Overall length (mm) – 4860, Overall width (mm) – 1780, Overall Height (mm) – 1885 and Wheel Base(mm) - 3025mm
- Force One Brakes:
Type - Hydraulic Vaccum assisted with LCRV
Front - Ventilated Disc with Twin Pot Force piston Caliper
Rear - Drum with Auto Adjuster
Parking - Mechanical Linkage type
- Force One transmission:
Model : G 32/5(Under License with Daimler A.G.)
Type : Synchromesh Gears
Gears: 5 forward and 1 reverse gear.
- Its front suspension is independent double wishbone and a coil spring with gas-charged telescopic shock absorbers, as well as an anti-roll bar. Its rear suspension is made up of a multi-link with pan hard rod & coil spring with gas-charged telescopic shock absorbers as well as an anti-roll bar
- Force SUV is capable of producing 141PS power and torque of 320Nm@1600-2400rpm. The vehicle is powered by 2.2 litre common rail diesel engine similar to the ones used in Mercedes C Class (C220 CDI, C250 CDI) but adapted to the needs of an off-roader.
- Features like driver information system, cruise control, audio control mounted on steering & dual AC vents are present on the One.
- Force One SUV will have OSRVM side indicators and leather seats.
Force Motors One - This is my opinion; what's yours?
What are your thoughts on the Force One? Share them in the comment box below.