Looks like we are just weeks away from GM India’s first launch for the 2013 year. GM India has started its teasers for the Sail Sedan on its website.
Marketed as ‘A New Definition of Style’, the Chevrolet Sail sedan is essentially a booted version of the Sail U-VA hatchback. The Sail U-VA was launched recently at a starting price of 4.2 lakh rupees with excellent cabin space and fuel economy.
Unfortunately, the Sail hatchback has not caught the masses’ fancy as Chevrolet would have hoped. The Sail sedan hopes to do just that!
The website lists down the USPs of the Sail sedan -
- Designed to turn heads
- Excellent leg room
- Generous boot space
- Safe Cage structure for occupant safety
- Safety features such as Auto Door Locks, Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD), Airbags, Seat Belts with pre-tensioner, Crumple Zones, Collapsible Steering System & Side Impact Beams
- Bluetooth phone pairing
- 3 Year / 45,000km Chevrolet Promise
- 5 Year / 1,50,000km Engine and Transmission Warranty
- 3 Year / 1,00,000km Vehicle Warranty
Unlike the Aveo sedan which was powered by a 1.4L petrol engine, the Sail sedan will be powered by a 1.2L SMARTECH petrol engine and a 1.3L SMARTECH turbocharged diesel engine (a derivative of the Fiat MultiJet) mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
We are expecting GM India to launch the Sail sedan in the 6-8 lakh rupees bracket making it very competitive against existing runners such as Swift Dzire, Mahindra Logan and the lot. The real troublemaker of this segment will arrive sometime after April 2013 when Honda will launch the Amaze Diesel.
[Image Courtesy - Dr. Suraj and Arup10 of Team-BHP.com