The 2014 Acura MDX Concept which made its global debut at the Detroit Motor Show in January previewed the 7 seat performance SUV which would go on sale in mid-2013. Here is the real deal.
As expected, the production version stays true to the concept, except for the futuristic looking headlamp elements which have been replaced with more realistic units, which still look the part!
Features of the 2014 Acura MDX
- Powered by a 3.5 litre SOHC V6 i-VTEC petrol engine with Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) which produces 290 bhp/362 Nm
- Follows Aero Scupture design philosophy which is 16% more aerodynamically efficient than the outgoing model
- Available for the first time with front wheel drive option apart from the traditional all wheel drive version
- New front and rear suspension system along with a more rigid chassis which is 125 kg.
- Next gen Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure for improved crash safety
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera and Blind Sport Information (BSI)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Active Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Acura/ELS audio system and AcuraLink multimedia infotainment system
The production of the 2014 Acura MDX will be shifted from Alliston, Ontario to the company's facility in Lincoln, Alabama.