Here are some of the details discussed during the vehicle's launch
- 2,000+ Fortuners booked even before price announcement
- TKM (Toyota Kirloskar Motors) targets 52,000 vehicles by the year end in overall sales.
- Fortuner is placed even to attract sedan buyers
- Only manual transmission released; automatic transmission variant by this year end
- free trade agreement with Thailand helps ease matters. The Fortuner is a CBU brought in from Thailand
- On the sidelines, TKM has announced that there will be no Altis diesel in the near future.
- TKM has a 3% market share in the Indian auto market now.
- By 2010 end, the compact car will be launched
- hybrid vehicle Prius is still in the freezer.Talks are on with the government for alternate fueled vehicle benefits.