Fiat showcased the fluidic lined, curvacious bodied Fiat Viaggio at Auto China in Beijing which is Fiat's first locally produced car for China. There are no immediate plans to sell the Viaggio outside China though Fiat India maybe interested in studying its feasibility.
The Fiat Viaggio is to the Dodge Dart what the Renault Pulse is to the Nissan Micra. The front and rear fascias were redesigned by Fiat Group's Style Centre in Turin.
Fiat Viaggio Highlights
- The Fiat Viaggio measures 4,679 mm long, 1,850 mm wide and sports a 2,708 mm wheelbase. It is in a segment higher than the Linea and competes with cars like the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla.
- It is positioned in the C-Segment, which is China's best selling segment.
- It is based on the CUSW (Compact US Wide) architecture and is essentially a Dodge Dart underneath.
- Powered by a 1.4L T-Jet engine, two outputs are on offer - 120 HP and 150 HP. It is mated to a 6-speed dual clutch AT or a five-speed manual.
- It targets customers who are young and styling, having grown up in the cities, would become the backbone of Chinese society in the future.
- The Viaggio will be produced at the GAC Fiat production plant in Changsha, in the Hunan province of China