Report – Ford inaugurates Asia’s first Quicklane Service outlet in Bengaluru
Nithyanandh K, As a toddler, those wheeled machinery fascinated me even before I knew what they’re called as! So here I'm, petrolhead by birth, Mechanical engineer by qualification and automotive reporter by profession!
Ford introduced a new rapid service outlet called the ‘Quicklane’ in Bengaluru yesterday.
The Quicklane service centre, as the name suggests, lays emphasis on quick repairs and scheduled maintenance that take under 2 hours to complete.
Mr. John Cooper, Ford’s head of customer service for Asia-Pacific and Africa inaugurated the Ford Quicklane outlet in Bangalore along with Mr. P.K. Umashankar, Vice President-customer service, Ford India.
Metro Ford is the first Indian dealership to invest in Quicklane which also happens to be the first Quicklane service center in Asia-Pacific and Africa.
Pointers from the Ford Quicklane inauguration
- Quicklane can handle minor repairs and scheduled maintenance works with speed as the essence.
- Cost of service is same as the regular service outlets.
- Customers can wait in a transparent wi-fi enabled lounge from where they can watch as their cars are serviced.
- The service personnel are trained for executing quick repairs and will have the soft skills to clearly explain to the customers about the repairs undertaken.
- Repairs related to tyres, brakes, battery, suspension and air conditioning will be handled by Quicklane while major repairs and diagnostics will be referred to the main service center.
- Technicians grade the repairs in red, yellow or green colour code thereby offering the owner the right to take the decision on whether to get it fixed immediately or later.
- A display named digimeter is placed in the waiting lounge which displays the details of the service and cost of the parts.
- The Metro Ford Quicklane outlet has 7 service bays along with a washing bay and can handle as many as 42 cars a day.
- The Quicklane outlets will be located in prime location of the cities and the number of such outlets will be decided after closely monitoring the performance of the first outlet.
Works undertaken at Ford Quicklane service center
- Periodic scheduled maintenance
- Report card inspections
- Belts and hoses
- Wheel alignments
- Cooling system
- Suspension and steering
- Accessory installation
- AC system checks
- Brake pad and rotor replacement
- Light alternators and electricals
- Lamps and bulbs
- Wiper blades
- Transmission and brake fluid service
- Selected light warranty
With the Quicklane concept Ford targets the owners of Figo, who are mostly first time car buyers and hence prefer to watch their cars being serviced.