Tata Xenon Pick-up officially launched at 5.44 lakhs
Shrawan Raja, I'm the Founder & CEO of IndianAutosBlog.com. I love teamwork and talking about cars.
Tata Motors today officially launched the Xenon Pick-up, its competitor to the fast-selling Mahindra Genio, in Mumbai at an ex-showroom price of 5.44 lakhs. The Tata Xenon Pick-up Dual cab variant has been launched at 6.34 lakhs (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Features of the Tata Xenon Pick-up
- The Tata Xenon is developed with industry benchmark Toyota Hilux.
- The Xenon Pick-up launched today is a variant of the Xenon, tailored for the commercial segment. It is powered by two engine options that comply to BS3 norms - a 3.0L turbocharged direct-injected diesel and a 3.0L DICOR engine.
[Left - Single cab; Right - Crew Cab is a Xenon tailored for the commercial segment]
- The dual cab variant is powered by the DICOR engine that puts out 115PS/300Nm, endowing it with a top speed of 143kph, while the single cab is powered by a 3.0L DI engine outputting 72hp/223Nm that gives it a top speed of 120kph. This variant is almost identical to the Xenon, but has been stripped-down to suit the commercial application.
- The single cab has the longest load body in its class measuring 8ft by 4ft. It is a flatbed with drop sides.
- The single cab's load bearing capabilities is enhanced by a two-stage semi elliptical leaf spring which is stiff on full load and soft on 500kg or less.
- A new dashboard, charging ports, central locking, Engine immobilizer, Side intrusion beams and Collapsible steering wheel are among other highlights in these offerings, adapted completely to meet the needs of the commercial segment.
- Tata has fixed the service interval at 15,000km and offers a warranty for up to 3 lakh kilometers or 3 years (whichever comes first). The vehicle is launched in a choice of 4 colours such as red, white, silver and blue.
Stay tuned for high quality photographs and more details from the launch.