New York Live – 2014 Dodge Viper Time Attack is ready to roar
As a toddler, those wheeled machinery fascinated me even before I knew what they’re called as! So here I’m, petrolhead by birth, Mechanical engineer by qualification and automotive reporter by profession!
The 2014 Dodge Viper Time Attack broke cover at the New York Motor Show today. Built in collaboration with professional track drivers, the street legal Dodge Viper TA aims to enthrall the performance enthusiast driver who likes to unwind his machines on a race track.
In its Crusher Orange paint work, the Viper TA seems like it would attack whoever dares to get up close with it! The car incorporates numerous modifications to shave few seconds off the laptime compared to the regular Dodge Viper.
Features of 2014 Dodge Viper
- Powered by an all-aluminum 8.4-liter, mid-front V10 petrol engine which generates a sublime 640 bhp and a colossal 814 Nm (600 lb-ft) of torque. The motor produces the more torque than any naturally aspirated sports-car engine in the world
- Two-mode Bilstein Damptronic suspension system employes firmer dampers and race derived stabilizers which are tuned for on-track performance
- The standard aluminium X-Brace that holds the four corners of the engine bay together is replaced by carbon fiber brace resulting in 50% increase in torsional rigidity
- Brake calipers sport black anodized finish with crusher orange Dodge logo
- Crusher Orange paint job with Time Attack logo in the front fenders
- Carbon fiber front splitters and rear spoilers
- Ultra-lightweight Sidewinder II multispoke alloy wheels
- Ballistic fabric racing seats
- Standard black interiors with Crusher Orange contrast stitching
If you find the car irresistible, better hurry up! Only 33 units of the 2014 Dodge Viper TA would be built and the production would commence in the third quarter of 2013.