Chevrolet quietly drives in Beat LPG
Kaustubh Shinde, They say sooner or later your passion finds you. Sometime in late 2009, I started writing for IAB and ever since then it has been a roller coaster ride for me. An amazing experience that has taught me a lot, taken me to new places, driven some great cars and met some amazing people. When you don't find me on IAB (very rarely), you will find me either at a coffee shop or an eatery or at the nearest gadget store. Hope you enjoy IAB as much as we do!
Without making much hue and cry, GM India has silently updated its website with information of the Chevrolet Beat LPG.
The Chevrolet Beat will be the first car to benefit from the 1.2-liter Smartech Engine. It will have an Advanced Multipoint Sequential LPG Injection Technology type kit. The LPG kit comes with a capacity of 26.2 L (filling) for LPG. Chevrolet is estimating that when the car is loaded with both fuels (LPG and gasoline) it can carry on for 1,000 km.
We are not sure whether the car is available in showrooms for test-drive but are told vehicles have been sent to dealerships.
Chevrolet Beat LPG features
* Less weight
* No power loss
* No jerks and backfires which means smoother hassle-free transition from petrol to LPG and back.
* Better routing control and no kinking.
* No chance of inside/outside corrosion for life.
* The LPG kit is intelligently placed in the engine compartment, hence consuming lesser space and giving enough room for the passengers.
* The cabin space is not affected due to LPG kit and hence passengers can enjoy the same space as Beat petrol.
* High Pressure LPG pipes made of High Strength Nylon.
* At 13.29 kmpl in LPG mode (Certified by ARAI), it stands first in its class for mileage.
* Power – 80.4 PS@6400rpm
* Torque – 104Nm@4400rpm
* Beat automatically shifts from LPG to petrol if you run out of fuel.
We think Chevrolet will have a press conference soon about this product.
Head over the the Chevrolet India website to learn more about the Beat LPG