2016 Renault Duster (facelift) launched, gets 2 AMT variants – IAB Report
Ashwin Ram N P, Ashwin is a guy with a slightly unorthodox perception of everything. His struggle to choose a career path, between art and automotive engineering, has landed him in the field of auto journalism, where he has paved way for himself to practise both.
12 variants in total.
The Renault Duster facelift has been launched in India, at a starting price of INR 8.47 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). It comes with optional Renault Easy-R Automated Manual Transmission.
Renault Duster facelift price list (ex-showroom, Delhi):
- Petrol 4×2 MT RXE – INR 8,46,999
- Petrol 4×2 MT RXL – INR 9,26,999
- Diesel 85 PS 4×2 MT RXZ – INR 11,46,999
- Diesel 85 PS 4×2 MT RXS – INR 10,76,999
- Diesel 85 PS 4×2 MT RXL – INR 10,26,999
- Diesel 85 PS 4×2 MT RXE – INR 9,46,999
- Diesel 85 PS 4×2 MT Standard – INR 9,26,999
- Diesel 110 PS 4×2 MT RXL – INR 11,06,999
- Diesel 110 PS 4×2 MT RXZ – INR 12,26,999
- Diesel 110 PS 4×2 AMT RXL – INR 11,66,999
- Diesel 110 PS 4×2 AMT RXZ – INR 12,86,999
- Diesel 110 PS 4×4 MT RXZ – INR 13,56,999
Featuring 32 styling and mechanical changes, the Duster facelift debuted in the country at the Auto Expo 2016 last month. The exterior enhancements include revised headlamps, grille, bumpers and tail lamps, gunmetal finished 16-inch alloy wheels, power folding and adjustable ORVMs with turn indicators, Kayak roof rails, and a new body colour named Cayenne Orange.
The interior benefits from new seat upholstery, new colour theme, updated centre console design, new 7-inch MEDIANAV display, updated air conditioning system, new power windows with anti-pinch function, rear view camera display with reverse guide lines, and the like. Range-topping variants get two airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, ESP, and Hill Start Assist.
There 2016 Renault Duster features the addition of the six-speed Renault Easy-R AMT system to the 110 PS diesel variant-lineup. The AMT version has the same gear ratios as the manual, hence the mileage claimed is the same – 19.6 km/l.
The 1.6-litre petrol engine with five-speed manual gearbox continues to be on offer, and the same goes with the 1.5-litre diesel with six-speed manual and the 1.5-litre diesel with the 4×4 drive configuration and six-speed manual transmission.