IAB Report – Jaguar XE variants, engines & gearbox options detailed
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
The petrol engines come only with an automatic transmission.
The Jaguar XE will go on sale in Europe early next year. Here is a look at the various variants, engines and gearbox options of Jag’s entry-level sedan.
The XE will come in 5 variants – SE, Prestige, Portfolio, R-Sport and S – with the ‘S’ being offered exclusively with the F-Type’s 3.0-liter V6 engine. Here is a gist of how these variants differ in looks.
- SE: Base variant gets 17-inch alloy wheels and a black finish for the center console and fascia.
- Prestige: Features ‘Taurus Leather’ with contrast stitching and a brushed aluminium fascia
- R-Sport: Black grille with chrome surround, sport front bumper, spoiler, 18-inch alloys, sports seats, R-Sport logos for the steering wheel and door sills
- Portfolio: Glove-soft Windsor leather, twin needle stitching, gloss black grille, chrome highlights, 18-inch wheels
- S: Similar to the R-Sport but gets a sculpted spoiler, dual-tone side sills, standard 19-inch wheels and optional 20-inch wheels
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder diesel with 163 PS (160.7 bhp) and 380 Nm of torque (MT and AT)
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder diesel with 180 PS (177.46 bhp) and 430 Nm of torque (MT and AT)
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo-petrol with 200 PS (197.18 bhp) and 320 Nm of torque (AT)
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo-petrol with 240 PS (236.62 bhp) and 340 Nm of torque (AT)
- 3.0-liter V6 supercharged petrol with 340 PS (335.21 bhp) and 450 Nm of torque (AT)
- 6-speed manual transmission
- 8-speed automatic transmission
The XE is due to launch in India in the later part of 2015 or by early 2016.
Competitors: BMW 3 Series, Audi A4, Mercedes C Class
Expected Price: INR 32-38 lakhs, ex-Showroom
Launch date: 2015 in Europe