IAB Report – Ertiga-rivaling Honda Mobilio gets 13,800 bookings

Posted on: Aug 16, 2014 - 12:16pm IST

Sportier RS variant coming next month.

Honda Cars India have updated Indian Autos Blog that the Mobilio has received over 13,800 bookings so far. The MPV which was launched on July 23, recorded sales of 3,365 units last month, giving the Japanese car maker a domestic tally of 15,709 units.

Honda Mobilio Petrol Review front
Honda had to relocate production of the new City to make enough Mobilios.

The company said earlier that it was overwhelmed with the response for the car so much so that it had to stop producing the new Honda City this month to make more units of the Mobilio. In fact, Honda Cars India have announced that the production of the City will be moved from its Greater Noida plant to its Rajasthan plant located in Tapukara. The new City’s production at the Rajasthan plant will start in September.

Honda Mobilio RS India live image
The Mobilio RS starts deliveries next month.

The Mobilio is priced between INR 6.49 lakhs to 8.76 lakhs for the petrol variants and INR 7.89 lakhs to 9.76 lakhs for the diesel variant. The diesel powered sportier RS variant, priced at INR 10.86 lakhs, will start deliveries next month according to the company.

Check out reviews of the Honda Mobilio Petrol and Mobilio Diesel here

Honda said that it would also consider exports of the Mobilio to South African markets once the domestic demand is satisfied.

Honda Mobilio – Image Gallery

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Honda?

12 thoughts on “IAB Report – Ertiga-rivaling Honda Mobilio gets 13,800 bookings

1. Konark says:

Mobilio rocks

2. imran mirza says:

Ertiga is cramped middle rows as far as last row and also very bad looker also I book mobilo Honda is Honda always just take a test drive you will forget ertiga

3. Ravi says:

I booked my Honda Mobilio Diesel S Variant for on the road price of Rs. 10.6 lakhs in Hyderabad. I am planning to add on alloy wheels (30K) and Caska Navigation, Rear view camera set up(40K). I am very excited and waiting for delivery during early next month

1. Hello Mr. Ravi, congrats on your new car. Wish you all the best!

4. Puente says:

Bought the mobilio…..got the delivery a week back.awesome vehicle.looks fantastic.seats fold and slide in a jiffy….unlike the innova where so much effort is required.petrol engine is very smooth.
    If you want just value for money go for enjoy…it’s cheaper than retina too….but if you want a complete vehicle which gives you space and looks great to justify it as a family vehicle and not a commercial van….mobilio is on tops.not to forget the honda brand.

5. Srinivasa Chakravarthy says:

I have some likings for a 7 seater car over a sedan.My expectation that Mobilio could satisfy me fully went wrong when i went to see the vehicle displayed with Magnum motors.Sheet work is thin with large panel gaps,Cheap door slamming sound, High NHV,Poor dashboard show (No change from Amaze ).
    Where as the price fixed is on the higher side.I do not think Mobilio is worth to its cost.

1. vineet says:

I completely agree. Paying 1.5 Lacs more than ertiga doesn’t justify specially when they compromised on comfort and quality of interiors.

6. Mani says:

I will any day go with mobilio over ertiga, enough of experiencing bad service from Maruti. Buy Maruti once and cry till you own it. World Class bad services……

7. Vishnu says:

I don’t know how, beats logic. I just booked ertiga vid special edition after taking test drive on mobillio diesel and mobility diesel

8. Amulya Gupta says:

I’d still go for ertiga over mobilio any day

1. Rohit says:

Better to think first rather going for a decision. Ertiga is not value for money.

2. Srinivasa Chakravarthy says:

Please give some facts to substantiate your decision.