IAB Report – Honda displays Mobilio at shopping malls [Image Gallery]

Posted on: Jun 16, 2014 - 1:18pm IST

The Honda Mobilio will be displayed at the biggest shopping complexes in major cities in India as a part of pre-launch promotional activities. This past weekend, the vehicle was showcased at one of the more popular malls in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.

Honda Mobilio front three quarters left mall display

Mall activation helps reach prospective customers as family outings over the weekends to shopping malls and movie theaters in India are commonplace, and the Mobilio’s ideal target customer – the joint family car buyer – can be connected with and influenced here. The measure is proactive as it takes the car to the customer, rather than waiting for him at a dealership.

The launch of the MPV was confirmed last month to be in July and the seven seater, based on the Brio platform, will be the third Honda with a diesel engine.

Honda Mobilio luggage space mall display

The Mobilio’s main competitor is the Maruti Ertiga whose sales between January and May 2014 reached 25,612 units with a monthly average of 5,122 units.

The brand positioning of the Mobilio would be one of a private family vehicle, and the price positioning would be in a sub-segment between the Ertiga and Innova. According to the company, the MPV segment in India is at about 12,000 units a month.

Honda Mobilio center console mall display

The Mobilio will also come with the 1.5-litre i-VTEC motor that makes 119 PS and 145 Nm of torque in the City, mated to a 5-speed manual or a CVT automatic gearbox. The diesel Mobilio, the big seller, would use the 1.5-litre i-DTEC mill, paired to a manual gearbox which piqued India’s interest for delivering record fuel economy on the Amaze and City.

The Amaze and the diesel City have been unprecedented hits and enabled Honda to clock 72,893 units in the first five months of 2014.

Heartfelt thanks to readers Shardul and Bhagirath for sending images!

Honda Mobilio on display at a shopping mall – Image Gallery

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Honda?

11 thoughts on “IAB Report – Honda displays Mobilio at shopping malls [Image Gallery]

1. PARESH RAKA says:

Specification & details of mobilio car is very important to compare with other car

2. rajeev says:

Expected far better interiors specially the dash board and the neck rest .
    Very unhappy to see this …… I have changed my idea to have one. .

3. LAKAS says:

How about Mahindra XUV? Yes. they had issues and the newer one is really better. Bosh breaks. It offers all features and comfortable ride.

4. Rahul Sharma says:

I found Ertiga quite weak in terms of pulling power. It is just reasonably fine above 2000 Rpm. It is cramped as well. 3rd row looks ok for kids. Innova is quite powerfull, spacious for 8 full size adults but highly detuned engjne. Quite noisy over 80 kmph. MOBILIO with dimension of innova and better powered than ertiga seems a strong competition against two. Looks are subjective. I hardly find any MUV lovable :). It is just my opinion.

5. Kumar says:

Let me know Honda Mobilio CVT automatic gearbox booking date ?

6. Ganesh says:

That Faux wood looks outright cheap and ugly!

1. Ayyappan says:

Yes agree. They should find better ways to spruce up the interiors.

It looks way too big inside out and not too bad from a design perspective too (MPV’s are supposed to look boring..eg Ertiga/ Innova ! ). It’s just the interiors that look dull and dated.

Should be a good package overall with best in class mileage expected out of the iDTEC. However, they’ve to be really aggressive with the pricing. A case in point is the Hyundai Xcent sales numbers which got the better of Amaze in no time…And Xcent was almost 50k cheaper than Amaze…

1. Dhananjayan says:

Excuse me? Ertiga was boring for you?
        Seems like only cars as ugly as the Mobilio will satisfy you.

2. Dhananjayan says:

I’m not any kind of fan boy, supporting any brand or car blindly.
        Ya, of course I own the Ertiga.
        Oh yeah I do know that you have rights by all means to comment what you want.
        Coming to the topic, Ertiga’s design is an understated one, like the Europeans.
        The Innova can be accepted as boring, but not the Ertiga.
        Just to mention a point that boring or exciting, the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
        Excuse me if I have had been a bit harsh!
        Cheers!

2. Dhananjayan says:

Why mind the wood trim when the car itself is ugly?

1. Ayyappan says:

Sorry Dhananjayan Sir ! I want to profusely apologize from the bottom of my heart for commenting on the bland look of Ertiga. Hereon, I will make supportive comments for Ertiga and criticize Mobilio as per your wish.

Get back to your senses dude !!!

I’m sure you were not the product head for Ertiga. You own an Ertiga and you’re running from pillar to post like a silly fan boy to support Ertiga and blast Mobilio at every given opportunity. We’ve been seeing your blind, emotional, senseless comments on almost all auto forums on the same topic for a long time now.

I’ve my right to like and comment on what interests me as a person and you’ve no right to comment on my personal likes. Don’t stoop so low to an extent that people consider you as a paid employee of Maruti who’s supposed to act ridiculously stupid every single time this topic crops up.

Having said that, I’m no Ertiga hater, I feel its a VFM, highly functional but boring car, just like Innova is. I’m no Mobilio fan as well, but feel that it would rake in good numbers (if priced well) considering the overall package of space, mileage, style, function and brand value.

Grow up or act funny…the choice is your’s !