Spied – Tata Nano Twist Active with boot release

Posted on: Apr 28, 2014 - 3:51pm IST

The Tata Nano Twist Active Concept, shown at the Auto Expo as an action to reposition the poorly selling Nano as a ‘Smart City Car’, was spied testing by Motorbeam.com.

Tata Nano Twist Active spied testing
The Twist Active was presented as a concept at the Auto Expo, previewing the facelift.

Apart from the openable tailgate and the electric power steering, the Twist Active was given few additional features such as the ‘Humanity Line’ on the grille that is a cornerstone to the company’s new design language, new bonnet trim, graphic on the daylight opening, revised front and rear bumper, sectioned headlight with black bezel, 24-liter fuel tank (15-liter in the present specification), ‘Infinity Motif’ seat cover, new gear lever, paint-coordinated dashboard trim, three-spoke steering wheel, and new aircon vents.

Tata Nano Twist Active Concept opeanble hatch
Apart from the openable hatch, the car also features an upgraded 25 liter fuel tank.

Tata said in the press release that the Twist Active’s design intensifies the youthfulness of the product. At its stand at the Expo, the company had also repackaged the updates with an AMT box dubbed the Tata Nano F-Tronic Concept, that should also realize production in the near future.

Tata Nano Twist Active Concept dashboard
Note the new steering wheel, seat fabric, gear lever and the color-coordinated dashboard insert.

Tata continues work on the repositioning of the Nano with technology add-ons, special editions and model year updates, and the Twist Active and the F-Tronic are invaluable variants if the sales turn-around has to be made.

Tata Nano Twist Active Concept – 2014 Auto Expo – Image Gallery

[Source – Motorbeam.com]

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Spy pictures, Tata Motors?

7 thoughts on “Spied – Tata Nano Twist Active with boot release

1. Jishnu S V says:

I had a very eye opening experience recently with Tata’s own Concorde dealership in Cochin. I was looking to buy a city car. Was checking out the Datsun Go, Brio and Micra Active. So, thought of paying a visit to Tata showroom nearby the Nissan dealership. I went there no one bothered to even put up a glance at me for nearly 15 minutes. So, I went to see the car myself. While sitting inside the Nano a lady arrived and arrogantly asked to wait in a chair for the sales personnel to arrive and then touch the car. No one appeared for the next 15 minutes. I cursed myself for wasting my time there and decided never to buy a Tata car. Tata stop living in the 80’s.

1. Dr. Nayak says:

Unfortunately they are used to selling outdated “Lorrys” and not modern Jaguar.
      Get rid of these Lorry dealers with a surprise visits from Tata Quality Assurance on regular bases (weekly; customers with hidden camera).

2. Bhargava says:

Dear Mr. Jishnu,

I have forwarded your feedback to Tata Motors through it’s official Twitter account.

Mr. Ankush Arora, Senior Vice-President – Passenger Vehicles said the following in a press interview:

Excerpts: “The company has embarked on an overhaul plan. Under which, it is refurbishing its dealer outlets with a new identity and brand language of Tata Motors –younger, progressive and modern, and very consumer-friendly. About 120 outlets are presently undergoing renovation, and all these will sport a new avatar from mid-May. Another 120 outlets will undergo the same revamp and flaunt new look before July-end. It is deploying technology in a big way in sales and service functions.”

2. Dr. Nayak says:

My personal feeling is that this design is not bad, and may work for people who want buy a car with low budget. Sometimes elegant doesn’t sell well in this category, and flamboyant may be the answer!
    I am sick and tired of Tata engineers releasing tidbits on regular bases, and not launching the product in the market. They did exactly the same thing with Nano diesel and somehow managed to kill it. I was a Tata Scholar and respect the Tata organization; but this is ridiculous. Where is my new and improved Tata Nano? Can I buy one any time soon in this decade?

3. Mithun says:

Forgot to mention the bumper with two fog lights looks like a clown`s face.

4. Mithun says:

The design looks hideous and overdone. The Nano europa design was very elegant and could have helped the car change its perception.

1. Jishnu S V says:

Ya the Nano Europa does look more premium and would have pulled more customers to Tata showrooms.