Wanna know how fast your BMW is??? Try the iphone then
Posted on: Aug 11, 2008 - 4:52pm IST
So you may think, whats a iphone doing on IAB. Well BMW has given us a cool software that can measure performance figures, g forces etc, the same kind of stuff that Polyphony Digital (makers of Gran Turismo) programmed for the Nissan GT-R‘s onscreen stuff.
Here are some things you can do with your iPhone and Dynolicious:
- 0-60 MPH
- Other Speed Tests (0-10 MPH through 0-100 MPH in 10MPH increments)
- Quarter Mile Elapsed Time
- Quarter Mile Trap Speed
- Elapsed Time and Trap Speed for standard intervals (60?, 330?, 1/8 Mi, 1000?)
- Lateral G’s (current and peak)
- Braking G’s (current and peak)
- Wheel Horsepower
- Estimated Engine Horsepower
The output is displayed in graphs and all the results can be saved for future comparisons. There are many other features, but we should have a full report next week when we plan to test the application ourselves.
We did hear that there are a few calibration issues, but once you go past them, Dynolicious works pretty well.
Source BMW Blog