2017 Volvo XC60 global production commences, Indian launch in late-2017
Sagar Parikh, I'm the international news editor at IndianAutosBlog.com. I love everything that has a steering wheel!
Priced from 4,22,900 kr (INR 30,72,649.15) in Sweden.
Volvo Cars has announced that it has started production of the all-new 2017 Volvo XC60 in Torslanda, Sweden. The new generation Volvo XC60 starts at 4,22,900 kr (INR 30,72,649.15) in Sweden.
One of the best-selling models in the Swedish automaker's 90-year history, the Volvo XC60 has now entered its second generation and rides on the in-house developed SPA platform that underpins the three 90 series models. The XC60 accounts for around 30% of Volvo's total global sales and the company has given it a complete makeover with the lifecycle update.
The 2017 Volvo XC60 measures 4,688 mm in length, 1,902 mm in width and 1,658 mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,865 mm. The redesigned model is 44 mm longer, 11 mm wider and 55 mm taller, and has a 91 mm longer wheelbase. It is available with two petrol and two diesel engine options. For those looking for an eco-friendly option, Volvo offers the T8 Twin Engine plug-in hybrid.
2017 Volvo XC60 - Powertrain
- T5 AWD - B4204T23 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, 187 kW (254 hp)/350 Nm
- T6 AWD - B4204T27 2.0-litre supercharged and turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, 235 kW (320 hp)/400 Nm
- D4 AWD - D4204T14 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine, 140 kW (190 hp)/400 Nm
- D5 AWD - D4204T23 2.0-litre twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel engine, 173 kW (235 hp)/480 Nm
- T8 AWD - B4204T35 2.0-litre supercharged and turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine with an electric motor, 300 kW (407 hp)/640 Nm.
The 2017 Volvo XC60 is available in Inscription, R-Design and Momentum grades. Full-LED headlights with "Thor's Hammer" LED daytime running lights, 22-inch wheels, LED tail lights, hands-free tailgate, 12-inch driver display, 9-inch Sensus Connect touchscreen infotainment system, CleanZone four-zone climate system and 1,100-watt 15-speaker Bowers & Wilkins audio system with a 12-channel amplifier are some of the equipment highlights of the all-new Volvo XC60.
The 2017 Volvo XC60 is expected to arrive in India later this year.