Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT gets higher mileage than manual variant
Posted on: Nov 7, 2016 - 9:40am IST
The car will be rolled out starting today.
Renault India has revealed further details of the Renault Kwid Easy-R AMT variant, as it gears up for its soft launch starting today. The fuel efficiency of the Renault Kwid 1.0 AMT (24.04 km/l) is higher than the 1.0 manual (23.01 km/l).
Dealers tell IAB that deliveries would begin in mid-November, and a booking can be made today for INR 25,000. The car will be available only in the RxT (o) trim level.
Features on the Renault Kwid AMT are –
- 18 cm MediaNav touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, USB, Bluetooth audio streaming and aux-in
- Driver Airbag
- Front seatbelts with pre-tensioners and load limiters
- Piano black accent and leather wrap on the steering wheel
- Cabin lighting with fader and time out
- Intermittent front wiper with auto wipe during wash
- 12V power outlet
- Remote keyless entry with central locking
- Front power windows
- Foldable backrest
- Rear parcel tray
- Front fog lights
- Passenger-side door mirror
The Renault Kwid Automatic has the ‘Shift Control Dial’ set below the HVAC switches, that gives it three driving modes – Reverse, Neutral and Drive. The in-built ‘Crawl’ function allows the vehicle to move forward and back without throttle input, as a CVT would.
The Renault Kwid Automatic will be the most expensive variant of the CMF-A family, with its ex-showroom price tipped to reach the INR 4.5 lakh mark.
The Kwid’s Easy-R five-speed AMT unit will be available only with 1.0L variant, which has 999 cc engine that produces 68 PS @ 5,500 rpm and 91 Nm @ 4,250 rpm.