2016 Ford Endeavour’s price cut by INR 2.82 lakhs; Entry-variant discontinued
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
Ford India has slashed prices of the 2016 Ford Endeavour. Below are the list of new prices of the SUV, with the old prices in brackets. Note that prices are ex-Showroom, New Delhi.
- 2016 Ford Endeavour Trend 2.2 4×2 MT – Now Discontinued
- 2016 Ford Endeavour Trend 2.2 4×4 MT – INR 23.78 lakhs (INR 26.6 lakhs)
- 2016 Ford Endeavour Trend 2.2 4×2 AT – INR 23.78 lakhs (INR 25.5 lakhs)
- 2016 Ford Endeavour Titanium 2.2 4×2 AT – INR 27.5 lakhs (INR 27.5 lakhs)
- 2016 Ford Endeavour Trend 3.2 4×4 AT – INR 25.93 lakhs (INR 27.65 lakhs)
- 2016 Ford Endeavour Titanium 3.2 4×4 AT – INR 29.76 lakhs (INR 29.76 lakhs)
With the discontinuation of the entry-level 2.2L Trend 4×2 MT variant, all variants of the 2016 Endeavour now sport an automatic transmission save for the 2.2L 4×4 variant. This variant re-jig comes on the back of Indian customers increasingly preferring automatic transmissions over manual units given their obvious convenience in urban environments.
To recap, the 2016 Ford Endeavour is available in two engine variants in the country: 2.2L four-cylinder TDCi capable of 160 PS (118 kW/157.75 hp) and 385 Nm of torque or a 3.2L five-cylinder TDCi capable of 200 PS (147 kW/197.18 hp) and 470 Nm of torque.
The SUV measures 4,892 mm in length, 1,860 mm in width and 1,837 mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,850 mm and a ground clearance of 225 mm.