2016 Mercedes E-Class Estate, Mercedes-AMG E 43 Estate unveiled
Posted on: Jun 11, 2016 - 11:58am IST
Order books for the all-new E-Class Estate open in the UK in July.
The sixth generation 2016 Mercedes E-Class Estate has been officially unveiled at the MercedesCup tennis tournament in Stuttgart in Germany and will be available to pre-order in the UK in July. Along with the standard sixth-gen Mercedes E-Class Estate, its entry-level AMG variant has also been unveiled – the Mercedes-AMG E 43 Estate; more powerful 63 series AMG variants are expected to arrive at a later date.
The sixth generation Mercedes E-Class Estate offers 670 litres of boot space with the 40:20:40 split rear seats up, which can be increased to 1,820 litres by folding down the rear seats. The extended rear-end isn’t just for more cargo, it’s buyer could actually make it a three-row crossover/SUV alternative by specifying a third, folding seat bench. The E-Class Estate has been previously available with three-row seating.
Noteworthy features of the 2016 E-Class Estate include Remote Parking Pilot remote parking function, DRIVE PILOT autonomous driving function, 12.3-inch displays for the instrument panel and the infotainment system, touchpad with handwriting recognition as well as LINGUATRONIC voice control system for various functions, ambience lighting featuring 64 colours and a variety of interior colour combinations and material choices.
The standard 2016 Mercedes E-Class Estate will be available in three petrol variants – E 200, E 250 and E 400 4MATIC, and three diesel models – E 200 d, E 220 d and E 350 d. Complete engine specifications are mentioned below.
- E 200 – 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing 184 hp at 5,500 rpm and 300 Nm of torque at 1,200-4,000 rpm, rear-wheel drive, 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic gearbox.
- E 250 – 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing 211 hp at 5,500 rpm and 350 Nm of torque at 1,200-4,000 rpm, rear-wheel drive, 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic gearbox.
- E 400 4MATIC – 3.5-litre turbocharged V6 petrol engine producing 333 hp (engine speed TBA) and 480 Nm of torque (engine speed TBA), four-wheel drive, 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic gearbox.
- E 200 d – 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine producing 150 hp at 3,800 rpm and 360 Nm of torque at 1,600-2,800 rpm, rear-wheel drive, 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic gearbox.
- E 250 d – 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine producing 194 hp at 3,800 rpm and 400 Nm of torque at 1,600-2,800 rpm, rear-wheel drive, 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic gearbox.
- E 350 d – 3.0-litre turbocharged V6 diesel engine producing 258 hp at 3,400 rpm and 620 Nm of torque at 3,400 1,600-2,400 rpm, rear-wheel drive, 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic gearbox.
The 2016 Mercedes-AMG E 43 Estate sports a 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 petrol engine producing 401 hp at 6,000 rpm and 520 Nm at 2,500-5,000 rpm. Power is sent to all four wheels via the 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic gearbox (with shortened shift times) and distributed between them through the 4MATIC four-wheel drive system. The AMG variant can do 0-100 km/h in 4.7 seconds and has an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h.