5 things we know about the Yamaha M-Slaz (MT-15) – IAB Picks
Ashwin Ram N P, Ashwin is a guy with a slightly unorthodox perception of everything. His struggle to choose a career path, between art and automotive engineering, has landed him in the field of auto journalism, where he has paved way for himself to practise both.
Here are the 5 things we know about the Yamaha M-Slaz:
1. The Yamaha M-Slaz is expected to be priced at around THB 85,000 (INR 1.58 lakhs).
2. The model is set for global unveil on the eve of the 32nd Thailand International Motor Expo 2015 on December 1. It will be launched in Indonesia soon after it hits showrooms in Thailand.
3. The M-Slaz is based on the same Deltaframe chassis that underpins the Yamaha R15.
4. Some features of the M-Slaz appear to be carried over from the existing R15, including the exhaust can, monoshock and the disc brakes. The engine and transmission on the Yamaha M-Slaz are also shared from the R15, and they are expected to be optimized for better output and response (for reference, the R15 makes 17 PS at 8,500 rpm and 15 Nm at 7,500 rpm).
5. The M-Slaz is characterised by Up-Side Down telescopic fork, all-digital instrument console, Kawasaki Z800-like headlamp assembly and an LED headlight (as per reports).
Yamaha M-Slaz – Live Images
Yamaha M-Slaz – Teaser Images
Yamaha M-Slaz – Spyshot Gallery
[Images courtesy – IwanBanaran]