2016 Audi A4 to get 13 engine options, 9-speed AT – Rendering
Posted on: Feb 23, 2015 - 10:16am IST
Lineup reportedly includes six petrol, three diesel and two e-tron hybrid options.
Audi is currently working on the next generation A4 midsize sedan (codenamed Audi B9), which is expected to be revealed at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show.
Motor.es claims that it has knowledge about the 2016 Audi A4’s mechanicals, and a story has been posted there revealing an extensive range of engines that are going to be available.
2016 Audi A4 Petrol engine variants
- 1.4 TFSI COD (cylinder on demand) making 125 hp paired to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
- 1.4 TFSI making 150 hp paired to a 6-speed manual / 9-speed S tronic.
- 1.4 TFSI COD making 180 hp paired to a 6-speed manual / 9-speed S tronic.
- 2.0 TFSI making 225 hp paired to a 6-speed manual.
- 2.0 TFSI quattro making 245 hp paired to a 9-speed S tronic.
- 3.0 TFSI quattro making 272 hp paired to a 9-speed S tronic.
2016 Audi A4 Diesel engine variants
- 1.6 TDI making 120 hp paired to a 6-speed manual.
- 2.0 TDI making 125 hp, 150 hp, 177 hp paired to a 6-speed manual / 9-speed S tronic.
- 2.0 TDI quattro making 177 hp, 190 hp paired to a 6-speed manual / 9-speed S tronic.
- 2.0 TDI making 220 hp paired to a 6-speed manual.
- 3.0 TDI quattro making 218 hp, paired to a 9-speed S tronic.
2016 Audi A4 Hybrid variants
- 2.0 TFSI (petrol) quattro hybrid making 225 hp + 35 hp (electric) paired to a 9-speed S tronic.
- 2.0 TDI (diesel) e-tron maing 190 hp + 136 hp (from two electric motors) paired to a 9-speed S tronic.
As seen in the leaked list, Audi will be offering two hybrid options (petrol or diesel), and, apparently, a new 9-speed S-tronic gearbox, available in most of the variants. It’s unknown if it’s a ZF unit, like in the new Range Rover Evoque, or a derivative of Volkswagen’s new 10-speed automatic.
The Audi A4 B9 will be based on the MLB Evo platform which also underpins the new Volkswagen Passat, helping shed nearly 100 kg from the current model, improving fuel efficiency and performance. Judging by previous spyshots and renders, the A4 will sport an evolutionary design that will draw influence from the Audi Prologue concept.
Customer deliveries of the Audi A4 B9 is expected to begin either by the end of this year or in early 2016 in European markets. For India, like the current A4, it is likely to follow the CKD route, and Audi may not launch all thirteen variants in the country, but rather a small selection of petrol and diesel variants.