IAB Report – Honda Mobilio gets 5,800 pre-launch bookings

Posted on: Jul 23, 2014 - 1:50pm IST

Honda started the pre-launch bookings for the Mobilio on July 8, and as of yesterday, the company has received more than 5,800 bookings, Mr. Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice President for Marketing and Sales, told Indian Autos Blog. The MPV goes on sale today, and deliveries start immediately. However, deliveries of the RS variant will start only from September onwards.

Honda Mobilio Launch live image
The Mobilio has received over 5,800 bookings.

When Honda launched the City earlier this year, production of the petrol variants commenced only a month after the launch to cater to the heavy diesel demand. However, there will be no such production stagnation for the Mobilio as both petrol and diesel variants are being made at the Greater Noida plant. Honda expects to deliver the already booked Mobilios by the end of next month, Mr. Sen said, adding that 60 percent of sales for the Mobilio will come from Tier II and Tier III cities.

Honda Mobilio RS Launch live image
The RS variant of the Mobilio will be delivered from September.

The Mobilio is offered with 1.5-liter petrol and diesel engines, both matched to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Available in three grades – E, S and V – all diesel variants feature ABS and EBD as part of the standard kit. The top-end V grade gets dual front airbags in addition to foglights and alloy wheels.

Honda Mobilio – Image Gallery

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Honda?

7 thoughts on “IAB Report – Honda Mobilio gets 5,800 pre-launch bookings

1. Srrprop says:

I am cancelling mine as I feel cheated. All along they have been mentioning about AVN with Rear view camera on top end model and now they have not. Also cheap interiors and poor quality and not worth 12.5 lakhs for this crap

2. Alok Arora says:

I did prebooking, did a test drive yesterday and cancelled my booking. My experience:
    When we went to select city walk as pre launch preview:

Probably mobilio parked there was RS-top end variant which will come in sept here.
    RS car had very stunning looks – spoiler and sporty bumpers, dashboard had wooden faux finish, touch screen music system, two tone beige interiors, seat covers, reverse camera, alloy wheel, 2nd row a/c, reclining seats-2nd and 3rd row etc etc. It was stunning looking and had a great appeal and a sense of ownership was definitely there. Only no test drive.

Then it was launched. Had 3 variants – E S V. After looking at features and prices I decided to go for S variant. Only test drive was missing so we did yesterday, we – my dad, my wife and myself. I am glad that we all were sitting at one go cause many major shortcomings came to light. For test drive only V variant was there and since I was interested in diesel, I drove V i-dtec white colour:

1. From outside-no spoiler, ordinary bumpers, from front – replica of amaze, only grill different. Very boring.
    2. Entered the car-in driver seat
    3. Dashboard total black-poor looking, bland, no chrome, no wood, poor plastic. very small space dashboard container.
    4. Inbuilt stereo- old looking with no cd player, no remote, standard 4 speakers with no tweeters, usb with a wire hanging at where cup holders were, where is the mod looking touch screen which i saw at the mall. Very disappointed.
    5. started the car
    6, good engine, no doubt, good pickup, good response to slow speed and high speed, good brakes, ie engine very very good.
    7. A MAJOR BLUNDER by Honda- naturally it was very hot and to check ac, I switched on ac. And my friend this car has 2nd row ac. I was driving the car, co.’s representative was sitting at co driver seat. My wife and my Dad was in 2nd row. My wife switched on the 2nd row ac-ac-and guess what? A cooler started. yes a typical cooler, actually its blower but can be compared with home cooler. A cooler which makes lot of noise-such high level of noise such that communication between 1st and 2nd row was totally cut off. What I was saying, my dad/wife were not able to hear, and vice versa. First we thought noise is coming from engine. So to check, 2nd row ac was switched off. And everything came to normal. Then 2nd row ac was again started and even at no 1 level, ac was very noisy. Ac is supposed to be quiet and cooling. It was noisy and no cooling as of ac but seemed like that of home cooler that just give splashes of cold wave but doesnt make cabin cool and quiet. Either that particular car was faulty or Honda did a major blunder.
    8. There is no sliding of seat of 2nd and 3rd row of S variant.
    9. Interior color is single which looked very odd/no posh feeling.
    10.No alloy wheels in S or V variant.
    11. I drove 4 km and it returned 15km/l figure.
    12. Seating definitely is odd. No plush seats as in city or ertiga.
    13. Sitting in 3rd row like pointing your knees to sky. I am 5’10” footer and surely sitting in 2nd and 3rd row was uncomfortable.
    14. Side mirror worked well, rear mirror gave good view. But no rear sensor/camera gave me difficulty in reversing, parking.

Overall it just not giving any posh/superior feeling even when compared to my wagon R. Yes engine is good, 7 seater, H badge.

Overall plastic quality at dashboard, interiors, dicky is very very poor, even maruti alto quality probably be better quality and nice looking. stereo very old fashioned. 2nd row cooler. What to say. From Honda?? Even my dad/wife are not impressed and will go for it only if I persist.

S variant will cost 10L on road. what will I get – H name, 7 seater and probably 18km/l mileage. But no posh/premium feeling. No excitement of buying a premium car.

Glad I did my test drive before finalising and sadly waited so long for this poorly packed car. Not interested in buying mobilio.

3. Kitty says:

Now will Innova go the Aria way ?

4. Vijay says:

Need to check how many of them wil be cancelled. I am cancelling mine.

1. Srini says:

What made you to cancel the booking…?? Will you please share openly…? Just would like to understand the point…!!

5. Ashish says:

Do we have automatic variant (In Petrol or in Diesel)?