Report – Refreshed VW Vento diesel to get DSG automatic option

Posted on: Mar 17, 2014 - 1:39pm IST

VW India is planning model year refreshes for its bread-and-butter models, the Polo and Vento, this year. The refreshed Polo has been spied testing near the company’s manufacturing base in Chakan, Maharashtra, and is scheduled to go on sale from the middle of this year.

VW Vento facelift 2014 render
The refreshed VW Vento will launch by the end of this year. Seen here is our artist’s rendering of what it would look like.

Media reports indicate that VW will discontinue its 1.6-liter four-cylinder TDI engine found on the Vento and Polo GT TDI models. Instead, this engine will be reworked on to displace under 1,500 cc in a bid to improve fuel efficiency and drivability, while meeting the requirements of a ‘small car’. The 1.5-liter TDI will be offered in two states of tunes on the refreshed Polo, while on the refreshed Vento, this engine will produce 104 bhp, claims Autocar India.

While the diesel Vento is only offered with a 5-speed manual transmission currently, the updated Vento diesel will be extended VW’s DSG automatic technology. The Vento diesel automatic will sport a 6-speed DSG transmission and will cost roughly a lakh more than its manual counterpart. It will compete with the Hyundai Verna diesel automatic, which uses a conventional 4-speed gearbox.

VW Vento TSI Review DSG
VW is planning to introduce a 6-speed DSG on the refreshed Vento diesel.

The Verna diesel automatic currently enjoys the status of being the most affordable automatic diesel vehicle in the country at INR 10.47 lakhs (ex-Showroom, New Delhi). However, Tata’s upcoming Zest compact sedan will claim that title by offering an AMT (automated manual transmission) on its diesel range.

[Source – Autocar India]

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Volkswagen?

11 thoughts on “Report – Refreshed VW Vento diesel to get DSG automatic option

1. Manish wajage says:

Hello
    I booked vento konekt yesterday. But i am really looking for vento diesel automatic. Coz in city i am driving around 200 km dailly. I did not have any confirm news about automatic vento diesel. I am ready to wait for 2 month more even as i am ready to cancle my current booking. I also send lots of post on autocar an overdrive but no replly. So please replly me an tell me that is vento diesel automatic launch here on which date. Pls pls replly. Otherwise my 1150000 rs going to waste.
    Pls replly soon
    Thaanks
    Manish

1. Hello Manish, we aren’t sure about the diesel AT 100%, but we hear that a new Vento is being prepped and a launch is weeks away. We ask you to wait until the end of the month before deciding on your purchase.

1. Manish wajage says:

Thank you for updating. Today i visited volkswagen plant coz my friends are working there. I talk with ……… head manager about this car . He will give me information in 2 days. While one friend of mine today saw the new vento in company. Even i hurd from my friend is on date of 22 sept this vento launch in company an we will get a glance in showroom in december. Even today company members also get circular about facelifted vento. If i got any new information i will inform you for the same. An if u know any new details please replly me. I also send you friend requist on facebook. Please accept that.
        Thanks a lot
        Manish

2. Manish wajage says:

Thanks a lot

3. Manish wajage says:

Thanks for updating…

2. Hello Rahul, glad that I could help. We’ll keep an eye out on the new Vento’s features. Keep checking IAB everyday, I promise we will have the updates as and when we receive them!

3. Hello Rahul, suggest you wait until the end of next month before going for a new vehicle. We are expecting an new Vento to launch by then.

4. Hello Rahul, suggest you wait until the end of next month before going for a new vehicle. We are expecting an new Vento to launch by then.

5. S. J Loumish says:

I luv automatic cars. except verna there is no other vehicle in dis segment.good news r cuming from volkswagen side. I.e dey r launching vento wth DSG gear box.in diesel variant.
    so my que is when dis vl be launched in india.

6. sanjay kumar says:

When vento dsg diesel will be launched in India.