Jaguar has just announced a model year update for their flagship luxury sedan, the 2014 Jaguar XJ. These are the host of changes for the upgraded XJ.
- All engines are now available with Start/Stop system.
- 8-speed automatic transmission is standard across the range.
- LWB models have rear seats that recline ‘airline’ style and have a massage function.
- Specially setup re-tuned rear suspension for comfort.
- Increased headroom (not for the US market).
- Rear gets two high-resolution touchscreen systems.
- Navigation is available in nearly all the 101 markets where the XJ is sold.
- Doors feature ‘Soft close technology’.
- Newly designed Manra 18-inch alloy wheels.
- Conversation assist with microphones embedded above each seat makes it easier to have a conversation inside the car.
The engine lineup of the 2014 Jaguar XJ is unchanged. You get the base 2.0-liter turbo petrol (which was recently introduced in India), a 3.0-liter V6 petrol and diesel, 5.0-liter naturally aspirated and supercharged engines and a range topping XJR.
Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director, Jaguar, said –
The 2014 Jaguar XJ represents the summit of Jaguar’s luxury saloon range. The XJ’s unparalleled breadth of talent combines class-leading levels of luxury, comfort and performance with the elegant, contemporary design for which Jaguar is renowned.
2014 Jaguar XJ Image Gallery
Press release on Page 2.