Facelifted LML Freedom 110cc commuter begins its second innings in India

Posted on: Jun 11, 2013 - 7:43pm IST

The LML Freedom, a long forgotten 110cc commuter bike has been relaunched with a few improvements.

2013 LML Freedom features

The 2013 LML Freedom sports a new dual tone paint theme and comes in five colors – red, black, silver, beige and blue. The front fairing is slightly restyled and so is the seat. Noteworthy features include black alloy wheels, black themed engine, silencer with chrome guard, electric starter, side stand with gear lock (doesn’t allow you to slot the vehicle into gear if the stand is deployed) and instrument console with “Power” and “Economy” LED lights.

LML Freedom 110

The new Freedom still continues to derive its power from a 110cc engine but the technical specifications of the bike are not available yet. However, the motorcycle is available at LML dealerships in Delhi.

While LML withdrew motorcycles from the market, it still sells its range of geared scooters in regions like NCR, Punjab and Goa. We expect the Freedom to be eventually made available in all of its dealerships. The company also plans to launch a new scooter and motorcycle models at a later stage.

The LML Freedom is available in two variants – DX and LS. The Freedom DX is priced at Rs. 49,410 and the Freedom LS retails at Rs. 49,950, both the prices being ex-showroom Delhi.

Will the relaunched LML Freedom have a better shot at the highly competitive commuter segment?

[Newspaper ad scan from xBhp.com]

Next would you like to read more about the or more about LML?
LML Freedom News & Updates

6 thoughts on “Facelifted LML Freedom 110cc commuter begins its second innings in India

1. udbhav says:

Its really a great bike. We still have it. its more than 10 years and 72k done.
    The pickup was awesome I still remember leaving behind pulsars on traffic signals.
    The paint job is also great

2. prashant says:

This is the best bike in the Indian motorcycle market. The only problem with this brand was that the company got sick and didnt had a proper marketing plan. Once you launch a good product you should stick to it and continuously market it by having a country wide dealer & service center coverage.

The product is an excellent product and whoever own it would swear by it.

I have myself driven a lot of bikes and but none have given me the pleasure of riding the bike as the freedom does.

I also think that this bike has some of the best aesthetics among the bikes in this category. it has sleek head light and fuel tank .

a very comfortable and steady ride with the best pick up which would put even a 150/ 180 cc bike to shame.

Though people complain that its spares are not readily available , but rarely does one require its spares coz once you purchase this bike you would not have any maintainance issues atleast for 6 years.

I have been using this bike for about 9.5 years and during this whole time the only spares i had to change was the Rubbers in the rear tyre & headlight which was broken accidently.

My bike always gave me an average of 60- 65 kms/ ltr.

Now that freedom is relauched and wow what a great look it has – simple and beautiful.

I am already in love with the new bike and am planning to purchase it soon.

Rather than purchasing the Third grade bajaj bikes which are worth less than scrap just within 3 years . people should encourage such a nice product by purchasing it .

This bike has its own set of lovers who wont part with their bikes ever.

3. Somnath says:

I owned an LML Freedom and I still feel proud when people say this is the Best bike in the 110 cc segment so far and I agree too . This is a Great Bike not only me all the mechanic are suggested this is the strongest bike in that segment . But one major problem I faced I did not get genuine spare parts in the market since LML has stopped selling their products . I am very happy that the LML bike re launch and come soon in the market in West Bengal . I am 100% sure it would sell more than it’s earlier version. Moreover we should expect an Exchange offer . Best Of Luck To LML Freedom New Lunch which will shut down many 110 CC bike soon .

4. SHAKEEL KHAN says:

I think its great. But lml freedom must distribut it’s parts at market. N who has allredy freedom they give them exchenge offar .old freedom 2 new one

5. Virender Kumar says:

LML freedom is the best bike other than splender & passion. I have sold the LML Freedom Prima Model 2007 is the best but now is spare is not available, then feel very difficulty to maintain it. So, I am very happy that the LML bike relaunch and come soon in the market, I wait it.
    thanks

6. $@! says:

Hi Guys,

I owned an LML Freedom long back. It was a good bike better than Splendor & Passion, but as years passed, few niggles started cropping up & the availability of Spares too was a concern.

I think the re-launch would be a Dud. coz In the first place the 1st gen Freedom din’t set the sale charts on fire & there were very less buyers compared to Splendor & Passion.

Re-gaining the faith among Customers is a huge challenge for LML now.

Cheers,