Honda Amaze garners over 6,000 bookings, print and TV ad campaigns launched

Posted on: Apr 15, 2013 - 11:16am IST

The Honda Amaze is late to the party, but it arrives with all its guns blazing.

Honda Amaze print ad

The first diesel Honda in India has managed to garner over 6,000 bookings so far. Prospective buyers are continuously thronging Honda dealership across the nation and its only a matter of days before the number of orders touch the 10,000 mark.

In some cities, the waiting period for the Amaze has already been stretched to 2 months! Meanwhile, Honda Cars India has launched their print advertisement campaign with a full front page ad on all the leading dailies. TV commercials for the first time in Honda Cars India’s history are featured in regional languages.

Honda amaze website tagline

The tagline for the Amaze ad campaign in Hindi is “Badle Apki Duniya” (Change your world). The Honda Amaze website says “Ordinary is out, Amazing is in.”

The Honda Amaze is priced at Rs. 4.99 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi) for the petrol variant while the Diesel variant starts at Rs. 5.99 lakhs. The pricing is a little on the premium side compared to the Swift Dzire but Honda compensates with extra power, extra space and a record setting fuel mileage.

[can’t see the video above? Head over to Youtube]

The launch of the ad campaign is expected to increase the footfalls at the showrooms.

[Source: epaper.timesofIndia.com]

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Honda?

18 thoughts on “Honda Amaze garners over 6,000 bookings, print and TV ad campaigns launched

1. Yuvi says:

One question..!

When this 6000th car will be delivered? Atleast by 2014 Jan..! If so, then Hyundai would have launched i20 sub 4m sedan πŸ™‚

2. PK says:

Perfect car for taxi segment considering space , mileage & price.

Honda people told me they will not take any bulk orders as of now. LOL…

3. Ayyappan says:

6000 bookings and its only a few days since it has been launched πŸ™‚ The Amaze is on its way to set new sales records and very deservingly so πŸ™‚

Went for Amaze test drive on 15th. The vehicle exceeded my initial expectations by a fair margin but I was slightly put off by the huge crowd at the showroom and the resultant chaos which made me wonder if I was at Big Bazaar buying onions ! The TD was for only a brief while and that’s understandable since they had a massive queue lined up for TD n bookings and I still have 40% of my check list to be covered for the next TD, probably during a less crowded day !

After seeing the car in flesh and riding it for a while, I’m convinced that Amaze would be a mammoth success story simply because it too good a product to fail and that too from Honda at a killer pricing.

There’s a rich feel to Amaze, build quality is good overall. It looks a well proportioned proper sedan unlike Dzire. The front is funky, the side profile is aggressive and the Honda city like rear gives it a premium feel. The interiors are minimalistic but very functional and ergonomic and not a turn off element at all. The cabin, as expected is surprisingly roomy and pleasing to the eye and you really feel comfortable being there. A big boot and lots of storage options coupled with a terrific AC make it the right car for my family. The seats are very comfortable too, both front and rear. The fixed headrests are actually pretty easy to live with, the ergonomics are just right. Driveability is outstanding, almost nil turbo lag, torquey engine & nice gearshift, couldn’t check the ride quality though. Service interval of 10,000 kms / 6 months is a great add on since my showroom visits are lesser and makes you feel super confident about the car..

I’m keen on the blue color and was promptly reminded about the heavy demand for that color by my advisor. The variants on offer does give you good scope for customization and I’m yet to discuss the same with the dealer. I expect long waiting periods from day 1 considering the unbelievable demand.

4. PK says:

Waiting period for Honda Amaze Diesel is 4 months now..! LOL

Bye bye Amaze..!

5. PK says:

Finally I test drove the i-DTEC Amaze today..!

Mixed reactions so far..!

I was allowed to drive the vehicle only for 10 mins πŸ™ Petrol vehicle was free for test drive but no takers.

Engine was good, this one reminds me the chevy beat diesel 1.0L engine in terms of throttle response. But very poor NVH level in interior cabin. Engine noise intrusion into passenger cabin was evident , poor noise insulation my be the reason.In my experience Maruti Swift Diesel has best in class NVH levels in this segment. Gear shiter lever has of very basic level equipment and comparable to budget hatchbacks.

Exterior was proportionate, i guess honda tried to use the arrow theme for side profile, but didn’t worked well compared to honda city which i feel the best in this segment in terms of exterior styling.Cost cutting was evident on exterior plastic and door panels. Honda guys told me that the vehicle gerb weight is the lowest in this segment. Steel save..!

Most disappointment thing for me is the interior feel. Front seat design reminds me Etios and i10, but looks very thin and lumbar support was very poor. This would trouble the people who are already suffering with back pain, expecially on long drive.Instrument panel and other parts doesn’t look premium at all. Strictly a basic equipment only available.

Overall not satisfied with the vehicle. I went with lot of expectations after read some reviews and seeing some studio images. The big car feel is missing in this defintely..!

My budget is 7-8 Lacs. Ford Ecosport also attracted me, but price is yet to be announced.

Looking for some other options now..!

1. Yuvi says:

You get only what you pay for..!

I live in tier-2 city, here i dont even have a honda dealer..LOL

Sales network expansion and new product planning has to be done in parallel, not after lauching a product. Hope Honda is listening..!

2. PK says:

Forgot to mention the ground clearance. Its 165mm and lowest in the segment. A fully loaded vehicle make the situation worst.

6. Rohan says:

Why would anyone want to buy a car thats basically an experiment in the diesel category and even pricier then its competitors???

6000 bookings in 4 days ! Call it ” Tip of the Iceberg ” πŸ™‚ We’ve a storm in the waiting folks ! :):)

The Amaze could seriously kill a few upcoming launches (Verito Vibe, Ecosport etc) and dent the sales of some of the existing best sellers (Dzire, Sail etc). It could grab buyers from premium hatchback segment(Swift, i20 etc), sub 4 metre segment(Dzire, Indigo eCS), regular sedan segment (Etios, Manza, Sail etc) and even attract the premium sedan buyers ( City, Vento, Rapid) to pay 20% less and get 80% of the features. The only hiccup Honda might be faced with demand -supply situation considering their production capacity constraints.

Imagine, without Diesel cars, Honda has clocked around 10000 cars last month, which is approx. around 5000 more than what Ford sold and easily beating diesel heavy car makers like Chevy, Renault, Volkswagen and others by a fair margin. Such is their brand pull and trust πŸ™‚

I expect Honda to be in the top 3 Indian list by 2015, once the new manufacturing facility is opened. It could be Maruti, Honda & Hyundai in the top 3 in 2015 and a great battle between 2 competent players Hyundai and Honda would light up the scene.

World beater Honda has a terrific line up of products for the next 3 years for India and a stunning Diesel engine to take it forward. The new 1.5 litre i-DTEC diesel engine would be seen under the hood of 2014 Jazz, City, CRV, MPV and the mini SUV…what a line up that’s going to be ! Great for Indian customers and seriously bad for the competition πŸ™‚

8. Santosh says:

Hi..

I took the test drive of the new Honda amaze diesel in Bangalore, first driving impression is really great and you don’t feel that you are driving a diesel car and engine is very responsive and its easy driving car.Looks are attractive.

but i did not like few things..

-Fit and finish is not at par with the other Honda products( gaps in the inside door pading, No proper dicky mat , it looks like tiered out already) and even the dicky door is very thin..Big gap between wheel arch and Tyre…Seats are really very thin and don’t feel premium at all and ground clearance and the center console and dash board do not give impression of a Sedan car… πŸ™‚

And to my surprise i have seen a guy who cancelled his booking in front me shouting on sales guy for his attitude( It was really a big rush and it was a queue for test drive)… If this is the situation now..think of after sales service…

1. sri says:

Im waiting for the facelift πŸ˜› version expecting some upgrades would happen filling up your cons !! if not I would go with the Ecosport πŸ˜‰ since i just bought i10 sportz i have to wait for another 3 yrs minimum, by then honda and Ford would update their cars with their issues πŸ˜€ wise isnt it ?