Spied – New Honda CR-V starts arriving at dealerships
Posted on: Jan 23, 2013 - 3:10pm IST
It’s been only a couple of days since we updated you on the possible launch date of the Honda CR-V. Honda’s flagship product in India is scheduled to go on sale on February 12, 2013, according to media reports online.
Rueben. J, a regular Indian Autos Blog reader sent us these pictures of a white CR-V which seems to be resting in the parking lot of a dealership. The model you see here could be the top-of-the line 2.4-liter with the discreet giveaway being the ‘4WD’ badge at the rear of the car.
We’ve previously reported that the CR-V could feature an AWD in one of the models. It seems that Honda thinks alike as well.
How far can the Japanese car maker go with a petrol only, 5-seater, soft-roader in a segment dominated by diesel powered, 7-seater, off-roaders with highly competitive prices is something we can find out in due time.
To summarize the new Honda CR-V:
- Two petrol engine options – a 2.0-liter 153bhp iVTEC and a 2.4-liter 184bhp will be offered.
- The 2.2 diesel iDTEC will not be launched for now.
- Choice of two transmission options- a 5-speed automatic and a 6-speed manual will be offered.
- An AWD model will be offered on the 2.4-liter engine.
- The new CR-V will be a CKD (Completely knocked down unit) rather than a CBU (Completely built up unit).
- Launch date speculated to be February 12.
Meanwhile stay tuned to Indian Autos Blog for further updates on the pricing of the car.