Report – Fiat announces roadmap for Jeep in India, plans its own future
Posted on: Dec 6, 2012 - 2:50pm IST
No photographs, sketches or teasers were shared during the presentation, and explicit details of the future products were not provided.
Jeep has been in existence for 70 years and sells cars in 120 countries. It prides itself for inventing the first crossover and the first automatic all-wheel drive SUV.
The presentation adds that there are more than 7 million Jeep models on the planet and the brand has over 2 million fans on Facebook.
A slide shows Jeep as a physical and emotional brand and as a maker of cars that take you away from the mundane everyday tasks.
Jeep future products for India
- In the third quarter of 2013 India will see the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee
- In 2015, the company will launch a B-Segment SUV (name, specifications not available)
- In 2016, a C Segment SUV will be launched (no details here again)
Jeep is not ready to divulge plans on what the second and third products are at the moment.
Fiat India –
- Fiat will be present across the country through 112 dealers
- Jeep will be have 82 dealers throughout the nation
Fiat India future products
- Fiat will launch 4 new products in 2013-2014
- Fiat will launch Abarth in 2013 – No other details were divulged
- All new Punto will be launched in 2014. The new Punto will be refreshed (think MY2012 Tata Nano, MY2012 Fiat Punto) in 2015 and 2016
- A B-Segment Fiat SUV will come in 2014
- Fiat will reposition the Linea as the ‘Linea Classic’ in 2013
- An all-new Linea will be launched in 2014
We will update this post with some more information later today. Until then, stay tuned to IndianAutosBlog.com.