Maruti Alto 800 facelift launched at INR 2.49 lakhs
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
Maruti-Suzuki has launched the Maruti Alto 800 facelift at the following prices:
- Maruti Alto 800 facelift STD – INR 2.49 lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 facelift STD (O) – INR 2.55 lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 facelift LX – INR 2.83 lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 facelift LX (O) – INR 2.89 lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 facelift LXi – INR 3.09 lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 facelift LXi (O) – INR 3.15 lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 facelift LXi CNG – INR 3.7 lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 facelift LXi CNG (O) – INR 3.76 lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 facelift VXi – INR 3.28 lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 facelift VXi (O) – INR 3.34 lakhs
The (O) variants are equipped with a driver-side airbag. All prices are ex-Showroom, New Delhi.
On the outside, the Alto 800 facelift gets an updated front fascia with new headlight clusters, a new grille and a new bumper with provision for foglight. The new bumper and grille have increased the overall length of the small car by 35 mm. Additionally, the Alto 800 facelift is available in two new colors – Mojito Green and Cerulean Blue.
Inside, the Alto 800 facelift gets a new dark grey interior with new seat and door trim fabrics and an integrated headrest for the rear seat. On the mechanical front, the Alto 800 facelift continues to be powered by the 0.8L three-cylinder petrol/CNG engine, but engineers have used specially coated piston rings which reduce frictional losses and increase engine life and fuel efficiency aside from which the Alto 800 facelift also gets drive-by-wire technology.
The result is that fuel efficiency has gone up by 9 percent to 24.7 km/l while in CNG mode, the facelift delivers 33.44 km/kg, an improvement of 10 percent over the outgoing model. A new brake booster with claimed improvements in braking performance round up the list of changes.