2016 Renault Clio (facelift) – Rendering
Posted on: Mar 19, 2016 - 12:06pm IST
Debuts later this year.
The current, fourth generation Renault Clio was introduced at the 2012 Paris Motor Show. Also known as the Renault Lutecia, the European supermini is set to receive a mid-life facelift later this year. A speculative rendering from IAB’s digital artist Shoeb Kalania provides a peek into what is in store.
The 2016 Renault Clio, as seen in the rendering, will get a new front fascia featuring LED headlamp with C-shaped LED daytime running lights, new bumper, V-shaped four-slat upper grille, smaller lower grille, new fog lamps and resculpted hood. The rear-end could incorporate tweaked tail lamps with new cluster design.
Inside, the new Clio is likely to gain new upholstery and trim, and the R-Link 2 infotainment system among other changes.
The current engines should continue being offered post the facelift. In France, the Clio is offered with the following engines:
- 1.2 16V BVM5 1.1-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder petrol – 75 PS/107 Nm
- ENERGY TCe 90 BVM5 0.9-litre turbocharged three-cylinder petrol – 70 PS (95 PS with overboost)/140 Nm (150 Nm with overboost)
- ENERGY TCe 120 EDC 1.2-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol – 87 PS/205 Nm
- ENERGY dCi 75 BVM5 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel – 75 PS/200 Nm
- ENERGY dCi 90 BVM5 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel – 90 PS/220 Nm
- ENERGY dCi 90 82 g BVM5 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel – 90 PS/220 Nm
- ENERGY dCi 90 EDC 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel – 90 PS/220 Nm
Transmission choices in the company’s home market include 5-speed manual and 6-speed Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC).