2016 Renault Clio (facelift) to debut at 2016 Geneva Motor Show – Rendering
Posted on: Dec 14, 2015 - 9:51pm IST
The facelifted Renault Clio should go on sale in H1 2016
The current, fourth generation Renault Clio was unveiled at the 2012 Paris Motor Show. Three years hence, the popular European supermini is preparing to receive cosmetic updates to keep it fresh for its remaining years.
The facelifted 2016 Renault Clio will be unveiled at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show in March, says a report Auto-Moto. The rendering, work of Julien Jodry from the French publication, shows how the facelift will possibly look like. The rendering is of the facelifted Renault Clio GT variant.
The front fascia has been revised with new headlamps and intake, and gets new fog lamp housing. The horizontal daytime running lights have been erased, and instead, new L-shaped daytime running lights have been added in a similar style to the Renault Talisman and Renault Megane. And being a GT variant, silver accents are seen on various elements on the exterior.
The current engine options are expected to continue. In France, the 2015 Renault Clio is offered with seven engine choices –
- 1.2 16V BVM5 1.2-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder petrol – 75 PS/107 Nm
- ENERGY TCe 90 BVM5 0.9-litre turbocharged three-cylinder petrol – 70 PS (95 PS with overboost)/140 Nm (150 Nm with overboost)
- ENERGY TCe 120 EDC 1.2-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol – 87 PS/200 Nm
- ENERGY dCi 75 BVM5 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel – 75 PS/200 Nm
- ENERGY dCi 90 BVM5 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel – 90 PS/220 Nm
- ENERGY dCi 90 82 g BVM5 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel – 90 PS/220 Nm
- ENERGY dCi 90 EDC 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel – 90 PS/220 Nm
Transmission options, similarly, should remain the same with the 5-speed manual and 6-Speed Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC).