2016 Ford EcoSport launched at INR 6.79 lakhs – IAB Report
Anjan Ravi, I'm a true-blooded petrolhead. Hope you enjoy our news stories, launch coverages, motorshow coverages and test drive reports.
Ford India has launched the 2016 EcoSport with mechanical and feature changes. Below is the price list of the updated compact SUV:
2016 Ford EcoSport 1.5L Ti-VCT Petrol:
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Ambiente – INR 679,563
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Trend – INR 775,363
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Titanium – INR 890,963
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Titanium AT – INR 993,363
2016 Ford EcoSport 1.0L EcoBoost:
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Trend+ – INR 853,363
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ – INR 989,463
2016 Ford EcoSport 1.5L TDCi Diesel:
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Ambiente – INR 798,144
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Trend – INR 870,244
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Trend+ – INR 918,244
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Titanium – INR 985,844
- 2016 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ – INR 1,044,344
Note: All prices are ex-Showroom, New Delhi.
On the outside, the 2016 EcoSport is now equipped with a signature LED light guide, non-LED daytime running lights and a new ‘Golden Bronze’ color is added to the palette. Features on the inside now include automatic headlights, automatic wipers, electrochromatic internal mirror, interior chrome pack, and a leather wrapped handbrake.
On the mechanical front, the 1.5-liter TDCi diesel engine is now retuned to produce 100 PS and 205 Nm of torque, as compared to the earlier 91 PS and 204 Nm. Fuel efficiency, as a result, has gone from 22.67 km/l to 22.27 km/l. There are no changes to the petrol engines.
Ford has also introduced a new Trend+ variant on the 1.0-liter EcoBoost and the 1.5-liter TDCi. It gets dual front airbags, automatic climate control and ABS with EBD as standard.
2016 Ford EcoSport – Image Gallery
2016 Ford EcoSport – Press Release
[Slideshare direct link]