IAB Report – Mahindra Scorpio facelift coming on September 25
Posted on: Sep 17, 2014 - 10:41pm IST
Overhauled model launched to cement brand’s position in the advent of new competition.
Official sources confirmed today to IndianAutosBlog.com that the new Mahindra Scorpio will launch on the 25th of September. The event will be hosted in Mumbai.
Mahindra will launch the new gen Scorpio with two engine options and in five variants namely S2, S4, S6, S8 and S10. All variants come in five colours – Mist Silver, Diamond White, Fiery Black, Molten Red & Regal Blue – the last two being new colours.
The seating configuration of the Mahindra Scorpio facelift are as follows –
- S2 variant – 7 & 9 Side facing
- S4 variant – 7 & 9 Side facing
- S6 variant – 7 Side facing & 8 Front facing
- S8 variant – 7 Side facing, 7 Captain Seats & 8 Front facing
- S10 variant – 7 Side facing, 7 Captain Seats & 8 Front facing
Features that will be added to these variants are –
- S2 – Entry-level variant with the m2DiCr engine (2.5-liter 75 bhp engine)
- S4 – Entry-level variant with the 2.2-liter mHawk engine (2.2-liter 120 bhp engine)
- S6 – 2-DIN audio system & body colored wing mirrors and door handles
- S8 – Dual Airbags, ABS and alloy wheels
- S10 – Dual Airbags, ABS, alloy wheels, touchscreen infotainment system, Steering mounted audio & cruise controls, Rain & Light sensors, Reverse Parking Assist and Micro-Hybrid technology