Auto Expo Live – Hero ZIR 150 cc scooter unveiled

Posted on: Feb 6, 2014 - 11:42pm IST

Hero Motocorp has announced an all new 150 cc scooter, Zir, for the Indian market. Powered by a 157.1 cc liquid-cooled, 4-Stroke 2 Valves OHC engine, the Zir outputs 14.08 hp at 8,500 rpm and 12.7 Nm of torque at 7,000 rpm.

Hero ZIR front three quarters

The Zir is capable of a top-speed of 110 km/h. It gets a Forced Dynamic Cooling Air System and Integrated hydraulic Braking System combined with Hydraulic disc brake in the front (225 mm) and the rear (220 mm). The fuel tank has a capacity of 9 liters.

Features on the scooter include dual projector lamps with daytime running lights, flower type disc plates, bright LED winkers and taillamp, integrated pillion handle and a combo of digital – analog console. Apart from sporting a mobile phone charging socket, the Zir’s EFI system can communicate with a smart phone for all Engine/Riding information through a Ride-Stat app.

Hero ZIR rear three quarter right

The Zir weighs 139 kg and has a 155 mm ground clearance. It measures 2,085 mm in length, 745 mm in width and 1,385 mm in height.

Hero ZIR at Auto Expo 2014 – Image Gallery

Hero ZIR Specs and Features

[Can’t see the specs and features here? Head to Slideshare]

Hero Motocorp 2014 Auto Expo Press Release

[Can’t see the press release here? Head to Slideshare]

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Auto Expo 2014, Hero Motocorp?

14 thoughts on “Auto Expo Live – Hero ZIR 150 cc scooter unveiled

1. john says:

what is the expected date of launch?

2. Duston says:

Smells Like Honda !

3. Vishal says:

Wow! I really liked it. I have made up my mind to buy the black one :). I hope they launch is India soon and price reasonably. It will bring a new wave of bike designs.

4. Dr. Nayak says:

If they keep up with the quality and price, they will take the Japanese to cleaners not just in India but globally!

5. Dhananjayan says:

Looks awesome! Would sure get this if the price is affordable!

6. Rajiv says:

looks really good.. a 150cc scooter is much welcome … understandably, it wont have good mileage, but power should be good.

7. Hemz Shaw says:

Woaah! I would love to own this baby.. I had been dreaming of BMW C 600 SPORT or the C 650 GT, of course they are hell costlier and out of my affordability and very much of course this Hero would not be in the same league, but a scooter I had been waiting for.. If priced around 70-80, this red-bird would be a super hit. I hope it comes soon..

8. charan says:

Zir looks very good and revolutionary if priced well this is going to dark horse