More images of the Maruti Celerio from a dealership available

Posted on: Jan 27, 2014 - 1:14pm IST

Our friend Rajesh Dogra has tipped us with new images of a Maruti Celerio demo car from the dealership donning a yellow paintwork.

The Celerio is a B-Segment hatchback that replaces the A-Star globally. An interesting feature in this car is the Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) which does away with a manual clutch. A 5-speed manual transmission is also available, and both powertrains (according to Indian media reports) return 23.1 kmpl in the ARAI fuel economy test.

Maruti Celerio demo car spyshot front three quarters
The Celerio is expected to launch at the 2014 Auto Expo that begins on the 5th of February in Greater Noida.

Some of the Celerio’s features include blinkers on the side mirrors, rear defogger, dual tone interior, audio buttons on the steering, music system with Bluetooth telephony, electrically adjustable outer mirrors, tilt-adjustable steering wheel, driver airbag and a 235-liter boot.

Under the bonnet, the Maruti Celerio gets a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder K-Series engine that produces a peak power of 67 bhp @ 6,000 rpm and a peak torque of 9.1 kgm @ 3,500 rpm. The 5-speed manual transmission is a newly developed part.

Expect the manual transmission variant to start at a price of under 4 lakh rupees, and the AMT variants to start under 5 lakh rupees in Delhi showrooms.

Maruti Celerio at the dealership – Image Gallery

[Source – megapowerbosch.blogspot.in]

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Auto Expo 2014?

15 thoughts on “More images of the Maruti Celerio from a dealership available

1. Surinder Malhotra says:

Nice car….maruti is always made nice car…?

2. Dr. Nayak says:

A 2014 model year, new car with no LED DRL? Only from Maruti/Suzuki!!

3. Deepak says:

Dmitri, if u kno so much about AMT, then I think the guys at maruti must also be knowing these drawbacks and surely must have ironed them out..i think its better to test a car before rejecting it!

4. shamanth V says:

This looks like a mid range variant may be VXI and it has an AMT!! so will dey offer d semi auto box on all variants ?

5. salil says:

looks like mini ertiga

6. Dmitry says:

It is very illogical – automatic transmission and a hole in a panel instead of integrated music system O_o. And secondly, I don’t understand why Maruti decided to introduce Automated Manual Transmission instead of time tested AT like in A-star. Automated MT doesn’t have any advantages except for fuel economy. I understand that FE is the primary thing for Indian car buyer. But in AMT clutch tends to burn down in bumper to bumper traffic, especially in hot climate, so manual mode is recommended. During driving car with AMT car jerks. Plus while climbing a slope manual mode is also recommended coz car tends to roll back. Al these drawbacks are not there in purely automatic transmission. I have A-Star Atomatic and when I heard about Celerio I thought I could change over to Celerio, coz it’s more roomy. But when I got to know that they are offering it with AMT – NO. I’m perfectly fine with my small but hassle-free and smooth-drive A-star Automatic =))

7. chetan says:

Is AMT a 5 Speed ?

8. Navin says:

Am I alone in thinking this looks like a more rounded version of Wagon R?