LA Live – Ford Edge Concept
Posted on: Nov 22, 2013 - 12:24pm IST
Ford revealed its concept of a large SUV at the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show today. Though engine options weren’t revealed, the concept “Edge” is packed with features for the future. It is likely that the concept will take 1-2 years to be put into production.
The theme of the Edge seems to be automated driving as the car is stuffed with technologies like self-parking and obstacle avoidance systems. The self-parking system is semi- or fully autonomous, with it enabling the driver to park a vehicle simply by a touch of a button. This can also be done with a remote control. The obstacle avoidance system is able to issue warnings if it detects slow-moving or stationary obstacles in the same lane ahead.
If the driver fails to steer or brake following the warnings, the system will automatically steer and brake the vehicle in order to avoid a collision.
The following are the features announced by Ford –
- Leather-wrapped and hand-stitched instrument panel
- 10-inch touch screen center display with MyFord Touch
- Dynamic center stack with premium mechanical switchgear
- Unique gear shifter
- Bright work on the armrest, door-release bezel and air registers
- Floating binnacle top
- Unique steering wheel
- Scuff plate with bright silver finish, matte black paint and LED-lit “Edge”
Ford Edge Concept Image Gallery
Ford Edge Concept – Press Release
[Head to Slideshare if you’re unable to view the document above.]