Posted on: Nov 25, 2013 - 11:00am IST

Our friends at CarToq have published the first images of the 2014 Tata Vista wearing limited camouflage. This is first thorough cosmetic change for the Vista since its introduction 5.5 years ago, whereas its NVH, features and interior have been revised multiple times.

Tata Falcon front end
Slight hint of the Manza Hybrid Concept seen on the front end of the Tata Falcon project.

The vehicle, reportedly codenamed ‘Falcon’, has undergone a complete reskinning process and features a very smart front-end that is decked with projector headlights. The design of the rear is revamped with the vertically stacked taillights replaced by conventional, horizontal-type arrangement, and the registration plate gets moved to the bootlid.

Tata Falcon front
Projector headlight looks brilliant, is another segment-first after the touch-screen system on the D90 variant.

We are tipped off by sources that Tata has made some changes to the car’s dashboard. The current engine lineup is likely to stay back on the MY 2014, and perhaps the ultra-frugal 1.4L CR4 engine from the Indica eV2 could join the Vista lineup to boost its fuel efficiency credentials. Improvements to the vehicle’s NVH and ride quality, as seen on the Indigo eCS facelift, could be borne by the new Vista as well.

Tata has been working on the Vista facelift for at least a year, and according to reports, will relaunch the car as a new brand.

Tata Falcon rear
The new Vista says, “Stop confusing me with the Indica!”

Tata is also preparing a sub-4m sedan variant on the Vista platform, and both cars are expected to be seen for the first time at the 2014 Auto Expo in Noida coming February.

See more of the 2014 Tata Vista

[Source – CarToq.com]

Next would you like to read more about the or more about Auto Expo 2014, Spy pictures, Tata Motors?

12 thoughts on “Spied – 2014 Tata Vista spotted with leaner camouflage, sporting projector headlights

Wow… Hmmm… and I thought i20 is having the great looking headlamp unit. This time, Tata’s headlamp unit looks drop dead gorgeous. Tail lamp unit is equally expected to be good looking if we benchmark i20’s individual units. Move onnn…

2. Ayyappan says:

Projector headlights on a hatchback ? Well, that’s quite a shocker !!! Absolutely delighted to see this happening from Tata.

Having said that, Tata’s can make this a success only if the product doesn’t look like the Indica /Vista inside out. Remember the Vista D90 with cosmetic add on’s, touchscreen info system and a 90 bhp engine failed to excite the masses or the enthusiasts since it was still the old Vista in terms of looks.

No doubts on the fact that the Vista is a capable performer with robust underpinnings. For the last 3-5 years, I’ve observed a quantum leap in terms of the overall build, quality and refinement of Tata cars. I suppose that has to do with the appointment of Tim Leverton as the engineering head, who was previously with BMW. They’re even working on a Advanced Modular Platform, which is similar to the Volkswagen Modular Transverse Matrix, which is also known as the MQB platform. Tata with the support of JLR, will no doubt become a key global player in the times to come…

3. abuna ventana says:

superb front end detailing…
    i have to admit.. fabulous!!

4. Gopi says:

Definitely this could be game changer for TML. Eagerly waiting for this facelift.

5. Milo says:

I have always been waiting for this….

6. Ashwin says:

I feel that Tata vehicles are good but they need to work a lot on the refinement aspects…like lighter clutch, Crisp gearbox and improvements in fit esp the plactics and rubber…these are areas which it must beat competition if general public wants to change perception!

7. Deepak Chablani says:

Very very impressed with what I’ve seeing here. Looks sporty sharp and upmarket.

I think Tata Motors only suffers from perception based issues. My father had a Swift and a Vista and he always rated Vista above Swift. I used to drive Ford in US and I’ve been using a Ford Ikon for long ever since I returned from US and my ownership experience can be rated as Poor. I’ve been utilizing my uncle’s Manza whenever I had to admit my Ikon at the service centre (which I had to do frequently) and I was pleasantly shocked with the overall quality, build and experience offered by Manza compared to my Ikon.

But people here don’t even consider Tata cars while they’re contemplating a car buy, which is unfortunate. They have great achievements to showcase in India (first SUV, UV, Sub 4 metre sedan, first Indian made car, mileage records, best VFM proposition products, segment first features, hard core abuse friendly capabilities, low maintenance costs etc..). I see tat it has become a fashionable thing to actually criticize their products blindly.

Hope the trend changes in the future…

1. Prashant says:

I agree with you deepak, people in india just go with brand name..
      This looks awesome, I own Indica for past 10 years.. its a trouble free vehicle with low maintenance cost..
      With introduction of this new vista & sub compact manza.. hope Indians perception changes towards TATA..
      Go on Tata Motors.. you will rock

2. Milo says:

I also agree with you Deepak. Tata cars are exceptionally well, it is people who criticize them like hell.

8. Navin says:

Looks nicer but unclear as to why Tata can’t leverage design team of Jaguar / Land Rover. All Tata’s “India” vehicles need a serious image makeover